Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Completing CCMP...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

After Completing CCMP...

First of all, I would like to thank this community for all the things I have learned about credit. Even though I am just a lurker here, I've learned a lot from all your experiences.

I started on debt management plan with Consolidated Credit last December 2007 and one of the credit cards I included was Value City Furniture. I have paid off that card last Feb. 2010 and I completed the DMP last July 2010. I have been trying to dispute VCF regarding the Creditor Comments "Credit Counseling Charge" on my credit report on all bureaus but they always return verified and the same comments. I also tried to send them a GW letter to them and I am not sure if it did work but after my last dispute (2nd time), they took out the one 30 day late on this account but still it has the same comment.

My question is - should I just leave this since my credit report is all clean now (and my credit scores are now 700+) except for the said comment under this VCF card or should I call them directly and let them take that out since I am not under credit counseling anymore.

Thank you so much in advance!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: After Completing CCMP...

@Anonymous wrote:

First of all, I would like to thank this community for all the things I have learned about credit. Even though I am just a lurker here, I've learned a lot from all your experiences.

I started on debt management plan with Consolidated Credit last December 2007 and one of the credit cards I included was Value City Furniture. I have paid off that card last Feb. 2010 and I completed the DMP last July 2010. I have been trying to dispute VCF regarding the Creditor Comments "Credit Counseling Charge" on my credit report on all bureaus but they always return verified and the same comments. I also tried to send them a GW letter to them and I am not sure if it did work but after my last dispute (2nd time), they took out the one 30 day late on this account but still it has the same comment.

My question is - should I just leave this since my credit report is all clean now (and my credit scores are now 700+) except for the said comment under this VCF card or should I call them directly and let them take that out since I am not under credit counseling anymore.

Thank you so much in advance!

If it's really bugging you, try contacting someone in their executive offices for a sympathetic ear-- you might get it done. Otherwise, I'd just say ignore it. It's not hurting our score, and it's easily explained upon any manual review of credit should it come up. The important thing is that the account is paid, and is not derogatory.

Congrats on getting out of debt!!! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply LilMirth! I think I will wait for another month and pull out my report again and make sure that the 30-day late were not really in there anymore. Then I think I'll just ignore the comment as what you have said.

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Creiditors are providedt the opportunity to post coments, as long as they are correct.   FICO does not score comments.

FICO scores your current account status, primarily through your payment history profile, which lists each of your old derogs.

Your current status on this OC account is apparrently now closed, and paid.  With removal of the prior 30-day late, your payment history profile is now appasrently clean, which is what FICO uses to ding you for old delinquencies.  So you are OK.

But that comment is not something I would want retained in my credit report, for it is now no one's business now of how you got to where you are now.  I, personally, woud not just ignore it.  It does not look good in a manual review.

So here is what I recommend.  Dont involve the CRA, in any form or fashion, on this issue. 

Write the following low-key GW letter to the OC:

"This is request of you to make one minor good-will update of your prior reporting to the credit reporting agencies..

"You have worked with me, cooperatively, over the past couple of years, to permit me, under a debt repayment plan, to fulfill my prior debt to you.  I am appreciative of that.

"Due to our cooperation, I have now fulfilled my obligtion of debt to you, as of July, 2010.  This account is now paid.

"What lingers in my credit report is a prior comment posted by you as part of the unpaid debt at that time, apparently years ago, as part of the then delinquenct debt, , Namely, a still-existing comment of a pre-existent  "Credit Counseling Charge."

"This comment is no longer relevant as to our mutual obligation, and yet remains in my credit report as unnecesary information about my prior dealings with you, that no longer serves any benefit to you or I.

"I respectfully request simple deletion of this unnecessary comment from my credit file in your next update of reporting to the credit reporting agencies.

Thank you once again for your prior cooperation in allowing me to fully pay my debt to you."

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks RobertEG for the reply and the sample goodwill letter. I will try sending them that letter and i'll let you know if it worked. Thanks again for your help!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.