cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After PIF to a CA, has anyone every tried to go back and make the OC whole in exchange for GW?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

After PIF to a CA, has anyone every tried to go back and make the OC whole in exchange for GW?

I know it sounds like a crazy idea.   But it seems to me the OC in a collection lost money in selling the debt to a CA.    If a person PIF to the CA and then when back to the OC and offered to make them whole as well, in other words make up the difference between what you owed and the money they received from the CA, perhaps they would feel more inclined to give good will?

My problem is I have one blemish on my CR.   During my divorce one debt went to collections.   I paid off the CA, but they are still reporting as well as the OC.    It looks like at this point nothing but time is going to heal my credit score, but I thought if I could get the OC to remove their report item, it might improve my score.  

I've tried to GW them with no luck.    The CA was portfolio recovery, and they won't budge either.  

Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: After PIF to a CA, has anyone every tried to go back and make the OC whole in exchange for GW?

I don't know that the OC can accept any type of payment once they sell the account, legally.

I would just continue writing GW letters and explain the circumstances. Find email address of higher ups, try PFB, etc.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.