Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After bankruptcy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

After bankruptcy

I need some advice.. Filed chapter 7 in Sept. Went to court in Oct but havent received my discharged papers. Is it to early to try and apply for credit cards????
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: After bankruptcy

@Anonymous wrote:
I need some advice.. Filed chapter 7 in Sept. Went to court in Oct but havent received my discharged papers. Is it to early to try and apply for credit cards????

I would advise you to have a copy of the discharge, as well as verify that it is reporting discharged on your credit reports, before applying for any credit. The copy would come in handy in case you get asked to provided it, by a prospective creditor.

Message 2 of 3
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: After bankruptcy

Hi OP! Welcome to the forums.

FYI, you posted your question in the "approvals" section. This section is for approvals of new cards, CLI, and anything else related to an "approval". Not just a question about getting approved.

This thread will be moved to either the Bankruptcy forum, or CC/apps.

I suggest spending a lot of time searching these forums. There is valuable information here. To answer your question, I would not apply for any cards until you receive your official DC paperwork in he mail, make sure your report are reporting correctly after the DC, and read the rebuilding section on who to NOT apply for.

There are several lenders you can't apply too and won't be approved for many years to come. Depends on who you burned in your BK, and your scores after DC and the CRA have updated. Go spend some time in BK section and familiarize yourself with the do's and dont's of post BK apping...it's a different ballgame after BK.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.