cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After receiving positive PFD response, what is the next step.

tag
sixfour1
Established Member

After receiving positive PFD response, what is the next step.

I got a letter from Credit Managment, LLC, saying that they will accetp my offer for PFD.  What would be the next step? Should I pay with a certified check, cashiers check, money order, etc. I do not use personal checks so I don't have them.  Also should I send this certified like I did the original letter. Thanks in advance for any help.

Starting Score: 568
Current Score: 684
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Re: After receiving positive PFD response, what is the next step.

If you have a PFD letter where they state their intentions to remove the mark from your report, then you can feel free to pay with whatever payment type you are comfortable with that they accept. You can send certified if you want, just so you know it got there, but not necessary. The PFD agreement from the company is the more important thing.

Message 2 of 5
roxiee

I'm wanting to send a PFD letter to them as well but I've been reading alot of comments stating they are hard to deal with. If you don't mind could you give some information on what it was you did/wrote to get them to accept. Congrats on them accepting your request for PFD!
Message 3 of 5
sixfour1
Established Member

I cant rember where i coppied this from but it was somewhere on these pages here is what I sent them.

Date

Your Name
Your Address

Sent U.S. Certified, Return Receipt Mail

Credit Management, LP
4200 International Parkway
Carrollton, Texas  75007

Re:  Collection Account(s) or Creditor Account(s)

To Whom It May Concern:

I recently reviewed my credit accounts with Transunion, Equifax, and Experian.  According to my credit records, I have the following three outstanding accounts with your company:

Original Creditor                                   Account No.       Amount

• OC                                                      Acct. #                 0.00

I am offering to pay (amount to pay) as a final settlement of these accounts in exchange for an immediate deletion of these accounts from any and all credit reporting agencies, including but not limited to Transunion, Equifax, and Experian. This offer of settlement is not an admission or acknowledgment of the liability for this debt, but it is merely a way of having this negative item removed from my credit files.

Certified funds in the form of a cashier’s check or a money order in the amount of (amount to pay) will be sent to Credit Management, LP, if the following terms of this settlement offer are agreed upon:

1. Full deletion of any and all references to these accounts in my credit files;
  2. Full satisfaction of the debt;
  3. No waiting period for the debt to be deleted from the credit reporting agencies, being that the debt will be satisfied via certified funds;
  4. Credit Management, LP, agrees to delete any and all information referring to these accounts from all the credit reporting agencies, including but not limited to Transunion, Equifax, and Experian, within ten (10) calendar days following receipt of full and final payment of the agreed upon amount; and
  5. Credit Management, LP, will not discuss the terms of this settlement with anyone and if contacted by any third party, including any credit reporting agency, Credit Management, LP, will not acknowledge that any settlement offer was made, accepted, or executed and will deny knowledge of debt.

If you are in agreement with the above terms, please prepare a letter on your company letterhead agreeing to the above settlement terms and signed by an authorized representative.  Your response must be postmarked no later than 15 days from your receipt of this settlement offer or this settlement offer will be withdrawn.

Very Respectfully

Your Name (do not sign)

Starting Score: 568
Current Score: 684
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
roxiee

Awesome, thanks for the info. Update us when they delete from the CRAs :-D
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.