cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Again, really need some advice on this please!

tag
Bri89
Valued Member

Again, really need some advice on this please!

Question All,

I financed a Kirby Vacuum back in September 2011. I have a small balance left on it as of today. I would like to just pay it off and close it. It would save me that monthly payment and plus my interest rate is a bit high therefore if I just kept paying on it I'll end up paying like $200 plus on interest by the time I am done. HOWEVER, I am smack dab in the middle of the process of getting my house (it's being built, and will be another 4 months) SO I am wondering if it would be advantageous for me to pay it off. It's the ONLY "installment" loan I have reporting.

I have: 2 dept. store CC's, 1 major CC, 1 installment loan, 2 student loans with Sallie Mae (currently in deferment and reporting as such on my credit)

So If I pay it off, will this hurt my credit score? Not having a good mix? HELP please :smileyhappy:

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Again, really need some advice on this please!

FICO weighs revolving utlization much more significantly than installment utilization, so you likely wouldn't see much of a score gain or drop from paying the loan.     And it should still be counted in your mix of credit either way.

If you are borderline with your scores then I wouldn't touch it.    I would assume that your creditor will likely pull your CRs again before closing.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 5
MamboItaliano
Frequent Contributor

Did you already have your credit pulled for your mortgage?

Re-entered the garden on 9/16/2013.

Starting Score: (TU) 517 (EQ) 469 (EX) 519 (6/1/2010)
Current Score: (TU98) 714 (TU04) 712 (EQ Beacon 5.0) 672 (EX -FICO v2) 724 (6/13/13)
Goal Score: 700 Club for all 3 (2 out of 3 so far)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
Bri89
Valued Member

As of today, I am at 667 and I have at least a 620 to close. With 4 months to close I am just really trying to go up not down :/

Message 4 of 5
Bri89
Valued Member

Yes I did.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.