Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Age old ? about score increases

tag
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Re: Age old ? about score increases

No change will suck but if it drops I will be so upset!

Message 11 of 22
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

My sisters tax lien was removed and netted her a -20 loss.  YMMV.  Frustrating. 

Message 12 of 22
Shellie
Valued Contributor

That will be devistating!  Mine is a state lien. Was hers an IRS?

Message 13 of 22
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

State of Ohio

Message 14 of 22
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Did she rebound quickly?  Did it help in other areas like new credit or CLI's?  Anything?

Message 15 of 22
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I can't really say.  She did, however, get approved for a townhome rental after she sold her home.  That may have helped the application.  When her husband left her, he cleaned out all bank accounts and left her in a pickle and a half.  It did take quite a while to get credit again.

Applications aren't always score driven, they also take into account income and she was back in school at the time.

Message 16 of 22
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Well I hope I don't see a huge score drop.  We are planning on buying a new (used) vehicle soon and I don't want it to fall before we try.  I was hoping it would be a boost if anything.  It has kept me from getting CLI's and an approval for a Discover card.  Mine was filed 06/2007 but paid in 05/2014.

I guess I just assumed that since it is listed as the first, biggest derog I would benefit from having it removed vs just showing paid.

Message 17 of 22
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Always best to see a removal vs paid. 

Message 18 of 22
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I'm working on that!

Message 19 of 22
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Well I got my withdrawal filed!  Starting the process to get it removed from the CRA's.  Dreading to see the drop but so happy it will be gone.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.