Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aged of new account time frame?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aged of new account time frame?

How long would it take for "New Account" to be considered of aged account or to be considered NOT new account any more?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Aged of new account time frame?

@Anonymous wrote:

How long would it take for "New Account" to be considered of aged account or to be considered NOT new account any more?

I'm not sure there is a consensus on this but 6-12 months seems to be what a lot of folks report.

But as always YMMV.

Message 2 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

+1

However, due to the properitary nature of the trade secret innards of the scoring algorithm, the answer is only anecdotal.

You live with what it is....

Message 3 of 8
elim
Senior Contributor

I'm hoping for 6 months but planning on 1 year (same boat)

AAoA.png

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If an inquiry counts for one year I think a new account counts for at least 1 year as well . That's just my guess .
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

For "New Account" reporting purposes I believe I read somewhere that anything less than 2 years is considered "New Accounts".  Not 100% sure but I recall something like that

For credit scoring purposes, your scores generally start to increase from new tradelines after the 6 month mark

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I heard from a guy from the dealer I was told 12 months mark, anything after 12months mark will consider old.  Thats why they recommend if anyone want to re-finance, wait untill after 12 excutive months.  I didnt sure about this and I wanted to know the FACT about it.  Seem like there is no solid answer to this question as of yet?

Message 7 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I heard from a guy from the dealer I was told 12 months mark, anything after 12months mark will consider old.  Thats why they recommend if anyone want to re-finance, wait untill after 12 excutive months.  I didnt sure about this and I wanted to know the FACT about it.  Seem like there is no solid answer to this question as of yet?

I believe this to be the truth. There is no official definitive answer to this that I've ever read.

But time is a friend when it comes to credit and accounts aging.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.