Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aggravated....

tag
MissMovingForward
Regular Contributor

Aggravated....

So as my score inches up....(and I DO mean inch)....the factors that myfico lists as hurting my score have changed.  My average age of accounts is about 7 years (My credit history is about 12 years long...pretty good for a 30 year old)!  This used to be listed on the "helping your score" side but after a 3 point bump (I dropped my utilization to 20%) my score is 674 and it has switched to the hurting your score side.  What gives?  How can it be helping my score yesterday and hurting my score today?  I'm confused!  Any insight from the forum?  Smiley Indifferent

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Aggravated....

Sounds like you were rebucketed. Look for any major changes like no more baddies, no more major derogs, change in a whole number for AAoA, change in the length of hsitory by a whole number or 6-month interval (I was rebucketed after my oldest revolving hit exactly 13.5 yrs).  Look for dropped inquiries...TLs turning another yr older, etc.

Message 2 of 3
MissMovingForward
Regular Contributor

Re: Aggravated....

Thanks llecs. Looks like that may be the case.  My AAoA moved from 7 years to 7.5 years.  Sigh....I'm so tired of all the little nuances that come with credit repair.   Thanks to this forum, I was able to improve my scores from 502 EQ and 491 TU in April of 2008 to 674 EQ and 672 TU as of yesterday.  Hopefully I will make the 700 club by the end of the year!  I'm looking forward to it!Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.