Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aging Baddies

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aging Baddies

So I have quite a few baddies on my report but most are a few years old 2-4 years in most cases. What I would like to know is how much they hurt the actual score once they are 2,3,4,5,6 years in? I know if they are still on the report you can be denied based on this, but what about the actual score?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Aging Baddies

@Anonymous wrote:

So I have quite a few baddies on my report but most are a few years old 2-4 years in most cases. What I would like to know is how much they hurt the actual score once they are 2,3,4,5,6 years in? I know if they are still on the report you can be denied based on this, but what about the actual score?

What are they? Look under the section of understanding Fico scores. As far as years they hurt period. Its hard to know as the years go by. 

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mostly Utilities. Comcast, gas bill from an old apartment, a few cell phones (cancel fees I forgot to pay when switching carriers), and a couple credit cards.

Message 3 of 9
Momof5
Frequent Contributor

CA's? OC's?  CO'S? how many days late, etc...

From what I have read, 30s and 60s hurt for the first 2 years and not so much after....90s + hurt for the duration.  A CA acct (the first one) can tank a score 100 pts easily.

Starting Score: 472
Current Score: EQ:703 TU: 729 EX:737
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you explain those 3? Sorry I'm really new.... And if I have the CAs if I pay them off will they change to something else? I'm guessing that's collection account and the other is a charge off? I think total I have 9 bad accounts, I'm relying on CK right now but I'm pulling MyFico reports on April 1st

Message 5 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Can you explain those 3? Sorry I'm really new.... And if I have the CAs if I pay them off will they change to something else? I'm guessing that's collection account and the other is a charge off? I think total I have 9 bad accounts, I'm relying on CK right now but I'm pulling MyFico reports on April 1st

CO, charge off

OC, original creditor

CA, collection agency

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Guide-To-Common-Abbreviations/m-p/224988?jump=true

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the link. So does paying a collection in full change it's status or just that it's paid in full?

Message 7 of 9
Momof5
Frequent Contributor

Paying a collection changes the status from unpaid to paid.  You still have a collection.  You need to negotiate for a PFD.

Starting Score: 472
Current Score: EQ:703 TU: 729 EX:737
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It is additionally important to assess the possibility that current derogs could get worse.

Any monthly level of delinquency can, of course, become higher if left unpsid.

Once the debt exceeds 90-late, the possibility rises that they may charge-off the debt and/or refer for collection or sekk tge bad debt.

Any delinquent debt still within your state SOL period could result in legal action, with the possibility of a judgment being added to your CR.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.