Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ahhhh freaking out help

tag
FLAJenn
Regular Contributor

Ahhhh freaking out help

Got a SW alert last night  tht my EQ went from 657 to 638! Because a company called Northern Recovery add THREE accounts  with the same amount of 350 with three different account numbers. I have gotten nothing in the mail from them at all. I'm seriously freaking right now because I was going to be app'ing for a house. Theya re also listing as a factoring company in my accounts not in collections.  Don;t know if I should DV them or just dispute with the CRA. I have NO idea what this could be for!

Credit AccountNr Group

Status as ofDate opened [?]Date of last activity [?]Largest past balance [?]Account Type [?]Account holder [?]Industry
Mar, 2013
Jan, 2013
Oct, 2011
$350
Open Account
Individual
Factoring Companies
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Ahhhh freaking out help

Message 2 of 13
DaBears
Senior Contributor

A CA can list a collection at anytime they wish if its within the 7 yr CRTP. Them reporting as a factoring company is irrelavent. They are still seen as a CA.  I would send a DV to cease the collection and reporting process untii they verify. Send it CMRRR you want a paper trail. 

Message 3 of 13
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

Send them a DV with all the accounts they are listing.

OMG i'm typing slow this morning LOL

Message 4 of 13
FLAJenn
Regular Contributor

What gets me is that they are reporitng in my accounts section as an open account 120 dpd, grrr I'm sooooo steamed right , my TU was finally baddie free and now this

Message 5 of 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Unfortunately, it happens alot.  I don't blame that on the CA, I blame that on the CRA.  If it says collections it should be in the collections.

When you write the DV make sure to include all 3 accounts.

Message 6 of 13
FLAJenn
Regular Contributor

Should I mention in it that I haven't gottena  Dunning notice from them and only notcied it since I pulled my reports or just one of the really simple ones?

Message 7 of 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I found you are reporting I owe a debt on my credit report, Account #________.  Please validate under FDCPA 809.

Doing it this way sort of tells them they failed to send a dunning notice.

Message 8 of 13
Jslow
Valued Member

I guess i am one of the only ones on here that feels the CA reporting as a factoring company is anything but irrelevant. As a featuring company they are not considered a collection, but as an open account. They can report current days past due, and a past due balance. All things that OC's are supposed to report NOT CA's, It seems its only irrelevant if it is not on YOUR credit report...
Message 9 of 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Jslow wrote:
I guess i am one of the only ones on here that feels the CA reporting as a factoring company is anything but irrelevant. As a featuring company they are not considered a collection, but as an open account. They can report current days past due, and a past due balance. All things that OC's are supposed to report NOT CA's, It seems its only irrelevant if it is not on YOUR credit report...

The fact of them reporting as a factoring company in and of itself is not relevant.  No impact on your score at all.  All collection accounts are open accounts, that is how they are required to report.  It is not the same as an open account from an OC. Nor can they report past due amounts, or lates.  Sometimes the OC account becomes mingled with the CA account.  If they purposely list lates and past due amounts, that would need to be proven.  They are also not necessarily listed in the accounts section, sometimes it does happen.  All factoring companies are considered collections.

I have had 3 collections listed as factoring companies all listed in the collections not the account sections.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.