Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aid with Nelnet and AES lates

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aid with Nelnet and AES lates

Hello Everyone!

I finally mustared some courage to share my bad credit experience.

For about a year, I have been signed up with Skyblue credit repair. Hoping to be able to remove at least one of the two late accounts. We did a 3-4 month run, paused for 6 months before starting again. No go on being able to remove my baddies.

AES has a 30 day late - Aug 2014

Nelnet has a 120 day late Mar 2014

It's not all bad news though. With the help from the forums, I have been able to get my score from 558 to 703, util from 89% to 16%. Truly I am thankful for the great community willing to share the knowledge.

Probably the only thing I have not done is send GW letters. Though I have tried to speak with numerous persons via the phone. If anybody has any sort of input, I would greatly appreciate it. Sadly, I feel pretty desperate and hopeless at this stage.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Aid with Nelnet and AES lates

Welcome to the forums! First, congrats on the huge rise in score, despite the late payments. I would definitely send out GW letters. You have nothing to lose, but a lot to gain if they work.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely read some GW letter threads.  Some have had no success while others have had great success.  I, like most, have had moderate success.

As for the 30 day late, don't even worry about it at this point.  While it will stay on your report for 7 years, it only impacts your score for 2 years.. since it was Aug 2014, in 2 months it will stop impacting your scores so you'll probably see a slight increase at that time.  It's probably still worth a round of GW letters just to have it off your report and have the account become a "positive" one, but in terms of scoring you'll want to focus 95% of your attention on that 120 day late.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys! I have been looking deep for possible email or physical addresses to send my letters to other than the payment address on the bills. How does one find this?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.