Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Albany NY State Tax Lien DELETED

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Albany NY State Tax Lien DELETED

Yay!! I found out we had a small tax lien in NY last week. It was from 2012. I called them 4/26 and paid in full, also asked for it to be withdrawn. The rep said they'd send a letter in 60-90 days and then I can dispute it with the CRA. Thanks to this forum, I sent a dispute (online) to Experian to see if they'd delete it since it was paid and withdrawn.

Just checked the dispute update online and it's DELETED!

Experian also deleted on CA and I have two other disputes pending. Woohoo! Smiley Very Happy

I'm celebrating every little victory because repairing my FICO is a full time job and it's daunting!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Albany NY State Tax Lien DELETED

@Anonymous wrote:

Yay!! I found out we had a small tax lien in NY last week. It was from 2012. I called them 4/26 and paid in full, also asked for it to be withdrawn. The rep said they'd send a letter in 60-90 days and then I can dispute it with the CRA. Thanks to this forum, I sent a dispute (online) to Experian to see if they'd delete it since it was paid and withdrawn.

Experian also deleted on CA and I have two other disputes pending. Woohoo! Smiley Very Happy

I'm celebrating every little victory because repairing my FICO is a full time job and it's daunting!

Nice, in NYS a paid lien can only report for 5 years from date of lien.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good stuff, I'm not even going to take any action on mine, the 5 year drop off date is in 9 days. I'm hyped! lol

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really?! I thought it was 7-10 yrs to be on our CR. Oh well, it's PIF and can't haunt me again.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Very Happy

@Anonymous wrote:

Good stuff, I'm not even going to take any action on mine, the 5 year drop off date is in 9 days. I'm hyped! lol

Hooray! Hope our scores go up! I hear public records are big no no's.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well today is the day, the tax lien was first reported 5/12/2012 and when I pulled my credit report it said it would drop off today. Not sure if it will update today or the end of the day. I just hope it drops off. My scores are already decent now I want to see what kind of boost I get. I'm currently EQ 696, TU - 737, EX 747...come on baby put me in the 750s! lol

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Im glad it worked for one of us. I have been trying for two years now and nothing has worked, but you gave me courage to try again. Lots of blessing for you and your future 

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well today is the day, the tax lien was first reported 5/12/2012 and when I pulled my credit report it said it would drop off today. Not sure if it will update today or the end of the day. I just hope it drops off. My scores are already decent now I want to see what kind of boost I get. I'm currently EQ 696, TU - 737, EX 747...come on baby put me in the 750s! lol

Eek! I can't wait to see how it helps ya! TU refused to delete mine because they said lexis nexus verified. Grrr. But on the bright side Ex and EQ deleted. It went up 33 pts. I have a 2 CAs to get off and that's when I'm expecting a bigger jump. Keep us updated!

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Im glad it worked for one of us. I have been trying for two years now and nothing has worked, but you gave me courage to try again. Lots of blessing for you and your future 

Did you get a withdrawn or released letter from the tax commission? They usually send you one in 60-90 days. But you can try writing a simple letter and a copy of your bank statement showing that the pymt cleared your bank. They accepted a faxed letter and bank statement. It should get it to you within 30 days or less. Good luck!

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep..nothing from Transunion yet. Gonna give it a week or so to see if they update it on their own if not what steps should I take? Should I dispute it or just give them a call?

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.