Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert - new Phone #?

tag
n0smirc
Regular Contributor

Alert - new Phone #?

There was an alert about a new phone # on my report and I have absolutely no unpaid/delinquent debt. I have paid in full everything I've owed and gotten deletions in many of the cases where it was some prior unpaid debt (in 2009 we discovered a health condition, fun!). Oddly enough, my Dad's number was added and I've never lived at the address this number is tied to.

Now I'm seriously worried something might be wrong behind the scenes. Will they be able to just tell me over the phone who reported the number or how it got added? (This was for Transunion)

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
n0smirc
Regular Contributor

Re: Alert - new Phone #?

Hrmm, I just realized that his phone number is showing up on my Innovis credit report as well. (Which has no bad accounts or inquiries) This might be them trying to get what's on their file to other bureaus. Which would be incredibly odd. I think I might need to have a conversation with innovis that their personal information listed is so wrong, it's not even funny. Under all my accounts which are open and active it even reports all my information correctly. Now I'm wishing I hadn't bothered looking at my Innovis report!

I am trying to get ACS to clear up balances they're reporting on my student loans on my Innovis report because they don't hold any of my loans anymore and never reported them as closed with innovis. I have a feeling that's what trigger this phone number popping up. ACS has my correct information (Address, married name, current phone #) as I'm looking at my account with them right now.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.