Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Advice Welcome, PNC Mortgage dispute, CRTP and GW

tag
IvDogg
Established Member

All Advice Welcome, PNC Mortgage dispute, CRTP and GW

Hello Everyone,

First off thanks to everyone here, I was planning to buy a home just a few months ago, starting working on my credit at the beginning of February at my scores were all averaging at about 585. Then 640 at the beginning of March and I Just updated them today they are EX 683, EQ 679, and my TU is at 665, but pending a couple big update I think my TU will increase by at least 10 points...

Anyways, I've already been pre-approved for a mortgage and I'm hoping to get my credit score as best as possible prior to final approval.  I have a few baddies left over I'm hoping you all can help me with:

-PNC Mortgage, I had a shortsale sometime ago and it has already dropped off my TU.  First question on my EQ it's inaccurately show my status at "At least 120 days or more than four payments past due", and comments "shortsale accepted after foreclosure started", on my EX it accurately reports my status as "Account legally paid in full for less than the full balance".  One will getting the status to report accurately help boost my score at all?  Two, do the comments at have any sort of impact?

Additionally on my EX report it say this account is schedule to continue on record until May 2014, on EQ it only lists a DoFD of 7/2007.  Any chance they would remove them in April?  Worth trying?  If so, is the best method to call, fax, or write my request?  Does anyone have any good lines or letter template I could use?

Last, has anyone had any success with GW letters or calls with PNC mortgage?  If so, can you send me a good number or point of contact I could try as well?

Look forward to hearing from the forum.

Starting Score (Feb 2014): EXP:583 EQ: 585 TU: 610
Current Score (5/1/2014): EXP:707 EQ:681 TU:671(All Fico)
Goal Score: 725 (all three)

My Wallet: Navy FCU Cash Rewards Signature Visa $24k, Discover IT $7k, Amazon Rewards Visa $5k, Hawaiian Airlines World MC $4000, Gold Delta SkyMiles $2k, Cap One Quicksilver $3800, Military Star Card $2625, Bestbuy Reward Zone $300, Horizon Gold $500
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
IvDogg
Established Member

Re: All Advice Welcome, PNC Mortgage dispute, CRTP and GW

(Bump)...

Nobody out there have any inside info for getting in touch with someone at PNC mortgage to fix this issue?

My Wallet: Navy FCU Cash Rewards Signature Visa $24k, Discover IT $7k, Amazon Rewards Visa $5k, Hawaiian Airlines World MC $4000, Gold Delta SkyMiles $2k, Cap One Quicksilver $3800, Military Star Card $2625, Bestbuy Reward Zone $300, Horizon Gold $500
Message 2 of 6
IvDogg
Established Member

Update, still no success dealing with PNC, but I did make some progress.  I did get a backdoor fax number, PM me if anyone needs it.  On another note, I've been calling them everyday to try and resolve this I was finally able to get this 'expedited' they were originally going to take 30 days to respond to my dispute, now they're gonna do it in 3-5 days.  Hopefully it results in good news, but I'm still going to call them everyday!

Message 3 of 6
Shokk
Established Contributor

If its due to fall off in a couple of months, maybe try disputing as obsolete to get an early removal.  TU seems to remove things the earliest, followed by EX and then EQ.

I don't know my start scores, but low 500s. 6/2013

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 4 of 6
IvDogg
Established Member

Update, after calling EQ every day they deleted it last week...  PM me for the name/number of the person at EQ I spoke to.

Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

There are two distinct types of status information that can be reported.

One is its currrent status, which is simply a snapshot of its status as of their last reporting, such as paid.

The other is historical status information that records certain adverse events, such as a charge-off or the highest prior level of delinquency (called the Payment Rating).

The key to accuracy i reporting is whether the status is the current status or is referencing a prior, historical status.

It is perfectly proper to report "paid, was charged-off" or "paid, was 120-late".

It is not accurate to fail to update the current status to paid if delinquency has been overcome. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.