Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Collections and tax liens -- Gone!

tag
coffeegal
Contributor

All Collections and tax liens -- Gone!

Today, I received notification that the last collections account is being removed from my credit reports.  It has already dropped off EX with no immediate effect on score, but I don't even care; just happy that it's not there.  It was due to fall off in Sept, but I was able to get early removal.  Since joining the forum, I have had three state tax liens and two collections removed from my reports.  As a result, I was able to be approved for a new car loan (needed), and three credit cards with decent CLs.  Now, time to garden and watch my score climb!  

Though a small win, I needed this good news after watching my scores rise from the other removals, and then drop as a result of the inquiries and new accounts, but had to be done, and in a MUCH better place!

Starting Score: EQ 657 TU 627 EX 650 12/2014
Current Score: EQ 747 TU 748 EX 738 3/2017
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Re: All Collections and tax liens -- Gone!

Outstanding !  Congrats on your success. Smiley Very Happy

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 2 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Excellent, grats to all your success Smiley Happy

The change to your Fico score is immediate even though you may not have been notified of such a change.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great for you. I am still working on mine too have to get some collections removed.
Message 4 of 11
coffeegal
Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Excellent, grats to all your success Smiley Happy

The change to your Fico score is immediate even though you may not have been notified of such a change.

@Anonymous @gdale6!  

Yes, I've noticed that sometimes, I receive the notification, and then the score change within 24 hours when if it does not show immediately.  In this case, it was an old collection and for $111, so I do not expect much of a change, if any in score.    

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  That's awesome to have a clean slate!

Message 6 of 11
srchick
Regular Contributor

Many congrats on your great accomplishment! Re your tax liens: Did you get your score increase right after paying them, or did it take a while to go thru the "motion to vacate" process I've read so much about? (I have one from CA that I just paid off, now a little unsure of my next step to get it GONE from my reports).  Pls advise. tks muchSmiley Frustrated

Starting Score Feb. 2013: 568
Current Scores: TU (715) {Myfico} EQ {Myfico} (723) EX (751)
Goal Scores: All at 750 by 3rd Qtr 2016 (Before tackling 800's) Don't procrastinate, take the first step!
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

How were you able to do this? I have some accounts in collections that are due to be written off i believe by the end of this year but would like to get them off sooner. Could you please help?

Message 8 of 11
coffeegal
Contributor

Thanks everyone! @srchick, luckily the state I live in will consider vacating (removing) satisfied (paid) tax liens. I paid the liens first, then submitted a request to vacate. Researching how to vacate a tax lien is actually how I came across the MyFico forums. If you do a google search or search on the forum there are some good examples of letters to submit to the Comptroller or appropriate department for your state. My scores did not increase when I paid the liens, however they increased significantly (25-40 points) once they were vacated. Initially, I waited for the state agency to report the update, but after 3 weeks or so, I got impatient and submitted a dispute with each CB individually. EX removed the liens right away, EQ and TU took a couple of weeks until I called and spoke to a supervisor. They were removed immediately following our conversations.
@miskyladyntash after attempting to go through the CAs directly and getting the runaround, I ended up getting the collections removed through a complaint submitted through CFPB. The turnaround time was about a week. They never responded to the complaint, just removed the CA. Good luck!
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  How did you get a tax lien off your record?  Was it early or drop off after the 7 years?  I have a state tax lien (only baddie on my acct).  Have tried everything to get it off my report but no go.  It has been released since 2011.  

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.