cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All or Nothing....Can't go anywhere but up from here!

tag
owensgirl10
Established Member

All or Nothing....Can't go anywhere but up from here!

Ok, I must admit...this site is absolutely addicting!!!!  I get so excited reading other people's success stories, and it gives me such hope!!!  I am determined to get into a home ASAP.  So, I got this idea....all or nothing.

I've spent the last 6 hours literally...going through all 3 credit reports, and making me a "credit notebook."  I've got every single negative account and all information (CA, OC, Bal, DOLA, DOFD).  I also have my communication tabs so that I can remember to take note of the names and extensions of people with whom I speak, hopefully I will be able to share contact information with others here and help someone!

Tonight, I've written letters to all of my creditors.  The small accounts (<$200), I've written letters asking for a pay for delete.  I had a REALLY lengthy one, but found a simpler, effective one on this site and decided to use it.  

I've also written a letter to a judge asking (begging) to get an apt judgement vacated.  The judgment is over 3 years old, and it's been paid since the actual day of the judgment.  However, for some reason, my CR isn't reflecting that.  So to me, it looks like I've had a $2000 judgment that has NOT been paid in 3 years.  I explained that in the letter and stated that I was desperately trying to buy a home and any assistance provided would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I've disputed all the lates on my CR for my previous student loans.  I'm hoping that between disputing the lates and the DOE rep saying they would delete the defaults, something will work.  Please keep your fingers crossed for me! Smiley Happy

So....here's my list

• Alliance Collection Service (medical) PFD $60
  • Alliance Collection Service (medical) PFD $144
  • Fox Collection Center (medical) PFD $100
  • Payliance (Security Check) PFD $35, $52, $60
  • Shelby County General Sessions-GW/Vacate Judgment Letter
  • Midland Funding, LLC (Midland Credit Mgmt)  Disputed w/all 3 CRA's and CA.  Used FTC v CompuCredit as basis. 
  • Sallie Mae- Disputed 2 accounts w/all 3 CRA for late payments.  All accounts have a ZERO balance (yay!)
  • Department of Education- Disputed 2 accounts w/all 3 CRA for late payments.  All accounts have a ZERO balance.

So....I will post updates as I have successes (or lack thereof)!

Good luck everyone!!

Starting Score: 05/12: myFICO=493, TU=494 EX=549, CK=495, CS=534, Quizzle=552
Current Score: 06/06/12: myFICO=493, TU=606, CK TRANSRISK=511, EX=549, CS=563, Quizzle=552
Goal Score: Short Term=580. Long Term=775

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: All or Nothing....Can't go anywhere but up from here!

Some good stuff right there! 

How old are these derogs?

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 2 of 3
owensgirl10
Established Member

Re: All or Nothing....Can't go anywhere but up from here!

Let's see....

The ones for Alliance Collection are relatively new...maybe about 6 months.  Fox Collection is about a year and a half.  My defaulted student loans that are now paid are about 3-3.5 years....

I'm hoping that I can get the judgment, the newer collections, and the checks off very quickly.  If I've done my research properly...my score should jump by about 70 points....

Starting Score: 05/12: myFICO=493, TU=494 EX=549, CK=495, CS=534, Quizzle=552
Current Score: 06/06/12: myFICO=493, TU=606, CK TRANSRISK=511, EX=549, CS=563, Quizzle=552
Goal Score: Short Term=580. Long Term=775

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.