cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliance One Collections GW Letter sucess !!

tag
sallywally
New Visitor

Alliance One Collections GW Letter sucess !!

So I had a "Closed" collection account noted under my Account History section in my credit report in the Trans Union Agency. My other two scores are around 750, and my Trans Union score was 668 because of the collection account

I sent a well written GW letter through the email provided on the Alliance One contact section, around 10pm at night. I recieved a prompt response the next day around 11am.

Here is part of the letter:

Dear Mr. xxxxx,

Please accept this letter as confirmation that on xxxxxx AllianceOne submitted a request to the credit bureaus to delete its tradeline from your credit reports.  Our request was submitted electronically (via E-Oscar, confirmation # xxxxxxxx) which should expedite the removal.  AllianceOne does not control how promptly the bureaus remove an item (or if they in fact remove it), but typically an item is deleted within three weeks.

Regards,

Xxxxx Xxxxxxxxx

Compliance Officer

Now my question is if i shoul respond back with a thanks or anything like that

Any input would be appreciated !!!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Alliance One Collections GW Letter sucess !!

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats and I would not respond back Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
lavencedora
Frequent Contributor

Wow. Congratulations! I have tried a letter to Alliance One, with no success. I was looking the other night for an email for them, but wasn't finding it. With this encouragement, I will look again. If you happen to have the email address you used, and are willing to PM me with it -- all the better. Either way, you've encouraged me to keep searching & keep trying. Yay!

Starting Score: TU 490 on 11/2012
Current Score:6/16/15:EQ 714, EX 704, TU 702 (all from myFICO)
New Goal Score: 740+ for all three
Message 4 of 8
kmacqua
Regular Contributor

Would you be willing to share the email address you used? Or even the GW letter you used?

I have just discovered an open collections account with them dating back to 2010 and I have no knowledge of them or the OC ever contacting me about it. I'd like to try a PFD, since it's a small amount. Any guidance from someone who has had some success with them is most helpful!

Message 5 of 8
lavencedora
Frequent Contributor

I have two paid collections on my report from Alliance One. I was very disappointed when I did not succeed with goodwill deletion through a letter I mailed them. After seeing this thread, I searched & found their "info" address on their website. Within two business days, there was a response with an agreement to delete both accounts from all three CRAs!! Soooo very happy.

Thank you to the forums for pointing me in the right direction. Success is such a beautiful thing!

Message 6 of 8
RocketChick
New Contributor

Hi lavencedora, could you provide the contact info that you have for them? They just recently added themselves to my CR and I want them gone lol

Message 7 of 8
lavencedora
Frequent Contributor

It's just "Info@ ..." It's the main email in the contact section of their website. :-)

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.