Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliance One GW

tag
Kennie02
Frequent Contributor

Alliance One GW

I received an email reply from Alliance One! They have agreed to delete my DH paid collection! I am hoping that this will give his score a little boost!! 

NFCU cash $25k | BofA Custom Cash $25k | Amex BCP $18k| Costco Anywhere $14.5k | Apple Card $5.25k | Cap One QS $4.5k | Sephora Visa $4k | Discover It $3.5k | Citi DC $3.5k | Citi AA Mile Up $3.1k | Chase Amazon $3k | Amex ED $3k | Chase IHG $3k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $2.5k | Chase Freedom $2.5k | Citi Rewards $2k | Last HP 8/16/22
Starting score 09/2013: 530 Current FICO 8:
Credit Age:
New Accounts:
Inq (6/12/24M):
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
alvon123
Super Contributor

Re: Alliance One GW

congrats!!!

Message 2 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

Brvao congrats

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 10
EMax
New Contributor

Congrats!

Starting Score: 542 (EQ FICO)
Current Score: 711 (TU FICO) 711 (EQ FICO) 715 (EX FICO)
Message 4 of 10
Pjose87

I have a small collection with alliance one which was paid in full I disputed it and TU quickly deleted but EX refused to delete but instead "verified"

I sent an email last night, and today I got this in response: 

Thank you for contacting AllianceOne with your concern. At this time, having accurately reported the balance as paid to the consumer credit bureaus, our office will not be removing our tradeline. As a data furnisher, AllianceOne must provide accurate information to the bureaus in order to promote the integrity of the credit reporting system. Federal law prohibits deleting credit reporting information in exchange for repayment of a debt so we are prohibited from doing so.  

any suggestions on what I should do next?  thank you! 

Message 5 of 10
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Pjose87 wrote:

I have a small collection with alliance one which was paid in full I disputed it and TU quickly deleted but EX refused to delete but instead "verified"

I sent an email last night, and today I got this in response: 

Thank you for contacting AllianceOne with your concern. At this time, having accurately reported the balance as paid to the consumer credit bureaus, our office will not be removing our tradeline. As a data furnisher, AllianceOne must provide accurate information to the bureaus in order to promote the integrity of the credit reporting system. Federal law prohibits deleting credit reporting information in exchange for repayment of a debt so we are prohibited from doing so.  

any suggestions on what I should do next?  thank you! 

That part is a lie.  There is no such law, never has been.  Only thing that the law states is that if something is reported, it must be accurate.  Nothing anywhere says they must report or cannot remove.  Maybe they should read up a little more.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 10
Kennie02
Frequent Contributor

What did you say in your email? I think that if you tell them you need it off for a mortgage or something along those lines they may be more willing to help... That's what I said in mine... Explained the reason for the collection etc.... I feel being honest and nice has gotten me better results when trying to GW...
NFCU cash $25k | BofA Custom Cash $25k | Amex BCP $18k| Costco Anywhere $14.5k | Apple Card $5.25k | Cap One QS $4.5k | Sephora Visa $4k | Discover It $3.5k | Citi DC $3.5k | Citi AA Mile Up $3.1k | Chase Amazon $3k | Amex ED $3k | Chase IHG $3k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $2.5k | Chase Freedom $2.5k | Citi Rewards $2k | Last HP 8/16/22
Starting score 09/2013: 530 Current FICO 8:
Credit Age:
New Accounts:
Inq (6/12/24M):
Message 7 of 10
Pjose87

my email basically said that it was paid, receipts sent to the CRA's and yet it was not removed with experian and asked for it to be deleted. 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you had any luck since your last post?  I sent a GW letter in to info@... and got the exact response.  Like you, I'mtrying to get 4 small negative listing from parking tickets removed. 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the exact same response from Alliance One. Same day, I decided to call Transunion and ask for an early exclusion. The rep stated the TL had already been removed from my credit report.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.