Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliance One Miracle?

tag
professor_g
Valued Member

Alliance One Miracle?

Hey all, 

I'm new to posting on the forums but have gotten lots of great tips/info from you all so thanks! 

I'm posting because as I've been working to get some bad tradelines off my report I had what may be a miracle happen, LOL.  From what I've read about AllianceOne Receivables is that they are not so friendly.  I decided to send an email to their general email address listed on their website.  In my email I asked for debt validation and settlement options.  I do not need them to validate the debt, because I know exactly which debt it is and would like to settle since I'm the financial position to be able to do so.  Long story short, I get this email in response: 

Dear -----,

Thank you for contacting our office regarding this matter. Please accept this message as confirmation that on August 20th, 2012, AllianceOne Receivables Management, Inc. submitted a request to delete our organization’s tradeline from your consumer credit reports.

Please be advised that AllianceOne Receivables Management, Inc., does not control when, or in fact, if, an item is deleted.

Kind regards,

----------------------

Compliance Officer

AllianceOne Receivables Management, Inc.

This communication is from a debt collector.  This is an attempt to collect a debt and any information obtained will be used for that purpose.

The information contained in this communication is privileged and confidential.  The content is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by telephone or e-mail, and delete this message from your systems.

What are folks thoughts on this?  I will pull a new credit report in October or so to give 30-60 days time to see if the tradelines (this one and another PFD) were actually deleted.   Is this for real? 

Thanks! 

In My Wallet: AZSTCU Visa (13K) I Discover It (13K) I Home Depot (8K) I Citi TYP (6.2K) I Amex BCE (6K) I Dillard's Amex (5.5K) I BOA Cash Rewards (5K) I Chase Southwest Visa (3.25K) I Chase Freedom (3.25K) I Lowe's (2.25K) I Macy's (1.3K)

Starting Score: EX 586 EQ 551 TU 583 Current Score: EX 755 (CU PULL) EQ 803 TU 725
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
mschang
Regular Contributor

Re: Alliance One Miracle?

i got the same letter. it was deleted immediately from TU but i had to dispute with the CRBs directly to get it off EX and EQ. maybe you'll have better luck as far as speediness but yes this letter is legit

Starting Score: EQ FICO 588 EX FICO 587 TU FICO 588
Current Score: EQ FICO 660 EX FICO 642 TU FICO 606
Goal Score: 680
Message 2 of 5
professor_g
Valued Member

Mschang - thanks so much for letting me know.  How long did the dispute process with EX and EQ take?  

In My Wallet: AZSTCU Visa (13K) I Discover It (13K) I Home Depot (8K) I Citi TYP (6.2K) I Amex BCE (6K) I Dillard's Amex (5.5K) I BOA Cash Rewards (5K) I Chase Southwest Visa (3.25K) I Chase Freedom (3.25K) I Lowe's (2.25K) I Macy's (1.3K)

Starting Score: EX 586 EQ 551 TU 583 Current Score: EX 755 (CU PULL) EQ 803 TU 725
Message 3 of 5
mschang
Regular Contributor

i forgot which was which but 30 for one and 45 for the other. sucked but at least they were deleted in the end

Starting Score: EQ FICO 588 EX FICO 587 TU FICO 588
Current Score: EQ FICO 660 EX FICO 642 TU FICO 606
Goal Score: 680
Message 4 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.