Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliance One - PFD over the phone?

tag
Candice
Contributor

Alliance One - PFD over the phone?

Hi everyone, Quick question, I am hoping to get some opinions or maybe even people who have tried this before, but anyway, here goes... I am in a situation where I owe Alliance One approx $990 for two traffic tickets, and I need to have them PIF by September 3rd in order to avoid further ticketing from the courts. The two tickets are reporting on all three credit reports. I am wondering if it is safe to call A1 tomorrow and try to get a PFD? I live about 20 minutes from their office - is it unheard of to actually go and present them a check and in exchange recieve something in writing from them stating that they will delete the negative from my credit report? Not paying the tickets is not an option at this point, and I don't think I have enough time to go through this process via regular mail. Any input is greatly appreciated! Also, another quick question - if we have a public record/civil judgement on our credit report, who can we contact to remove it? There is NO information whatsoever on any of the three CRs regarding who is reporting or what it is for. I disputed with the CRAs and just got a letter back saying that it as investigated and shall remain, but i'm not sure what to do from here regarding this. Sorry for the sidebar...
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Alliance One - PFD over the phone?

I would fax them a PFD, rather than call them.

As for the public record, what exactly is reporting? There has to be some sort of information there. Is it a tax lien or judgment?

You can send MOV to the CRA that investigated it. Contact your county court and see what you can find. Some states have court cases online, you might check there.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let us know if they except your PFD. I have a friend with an Alliance One collection.I think it was parking ticket from downtown seattle.
Message 3 of 10
Candice
Contributor

Will do...wish me luck, lol.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have he same problem with alliance one.  I also owe them $900 for tickets in seatle from 06. I remember going to court house & paying some but they dont seee that. I verbally asked them to reduce the fees but they wouldnt budge.

Good luck

keep us updated
Message 5 of 10
Candice
Contributor

No such luck. I called them a few minutes ago and the lady I spoke with was VERY rude. I guess I will just have to pay them and then begin sending the GWs, lol.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I figured that. I been reading tons of horror stories about alliance one. They are so rude & unprofessional

Thanks for update good luck
Message 7 of 10
cfletch123
Established Member

I am new here. Can you explain what a PFD is ?
Message 8 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

A PFD is a pay for delete.  You pay them the amount owed if they will remove the account from your CR.  Always get it in writing.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah if you dont have time to do the mail thing..try faxing..ive personally had success with 3 different accounts by simply asking them over the phone if they will delete...sometimes it work..
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.