Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliance One Run Around

tag
CreditResuscitation
Contributor

Alliance One Run Around

Question. My wife has a paid in full account on her credit report from Alliance One. After reading some of the advice from the community, I decided to give them a call and ask about a possible deletion since the account was paid off some years ago. When I called, the first person was very nice and understanding, but when I was transfered to who I'm assuming was her supervisor, she was very abrupt and curt, and then proceeded to rudely explain that Alliance One does not and has not "EVER" deleted anything. Despite my growing anger, I nevertheless remained pleasant and thanked her for her time, but I couldn't help but feel duped. Needless to say, it has lit an absolute fire under me to correct this situation now more than ever. I saw on here where a couple of people had luck with emailing good will letters. By any chance is that email still floating around? If so, PM it to me please. I appreciate it.  

Starting Score: 546
Current Score: 460
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
westo12
Established Contributor

Re: Alliance One Run Around

I've had two experiences with Alliance One, one back in early 2009 and one between this and last month.  In both cases, I paid the collection, then disputed with the bureaus. Never called.  In the first case, I paid Alliance directly, then disputed with bureaus, they removed.  This last one, I paid OC in May, then disputed with the bureaus. They updated the collection as "paid", but low and behold, it was removed about a week ago.    I'd definitely suggest trying to dispute it with the bureaus and see what happens.   There are lots of testimonials here that Alliance One can and does remove paid listings.

Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Fico 5/1/19: TR:650(73% util)
Cap1(Plat+QS) 3500+4500/Merrick 1600/Express 4100/Overstock 4900.
Message 2 of 6
CreditResuscitation
Contributor

@westo12 Makes sense. I'll give it a try. I was just leary of disputing anything because I read a couple of posts on here saying that it was not always the best solution. 

Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Paying a debt is not a basis for dispute of accuracy of its reporting.

To the contrary, deletion based on payment is directly contrary to CRA policy.

I would not seek CRA involvement.  Continued GW request is the proper procedure.

Message 4 of 6
CreditResuscitation
Contributor

Thanks RobertEG, I kind of figure that. Is there an email address I can send it to or am I stuck with having to mail it off?

Message 5 of 6
westo12
Established Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

Paying a debt is not a basis for dispute of accuracy of its reporting.

To the contrary, deletion based on payment is directly contrary to CRA policy.

I would not seek CRA involvement.  Continued GW request is the proper procedure.

If the OC allows you to pay them directly and are not currently reporting the debt, then it was my understanding that voided the CA's ability to report.  Is that not true? 

Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Fico 5/1/19: TR:650(73% util)
Cap1(Plat+QS) 3500+4500/Merrick 1600/Express 4100/Overstock 4900.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.