Did you mean: 

Alliance One

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Alliance One

Wonderin wrote:
Are they calling YOU or your boss??

Either way, you need to tell them in writing (the C&D letter I mentioned -- but specifically say no calls at WORK). Always, always, always, leave a paper trail. Send it to them CMRRR (Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested) so you have a nice, legally admissible paper trail.

If they call again, AFTER you get the little green cards back, spank them on the FDCPA violation (notify the FTC and the BBB). You'll get anywhere from $500-1000 for the violation(s).

Who knows, perhaps you can pay them THAT money and get them the heck off your bank!! Sure would be ironic!!! Smiley Mad

Wonderin is correct, you can notify them that you are to receive no calls at work, at home, or no calls period, that you want all communications in writing.

Just to add, they may be in violation of a state law for calling you at work if they continue to do so after you send them the letter.

I would send them a letter CMRRR and simply state that " I am requesting all communications from your office to myself be in writing. I wish for you to not make any telephone contact with me at my place of employment, my home, or any other number/location you may be trying to reach me at. Under the FDCPA, further communications by telephone from your office will be a willfull violation"

Just know that some CA will take this as a refusal of you paying and just file in court. If this debt is within SOL, which I am assuming it is, you run that risk when you do this. You might want to add that you are willing to negotiate and clear the debt up, but you can not be receiving calls at work. You would like them to mail you something outlining their offer.

Have you ever received a letter from them? FDCPA states they must mail you a letter within 5 days of initial communications or it is a violation.

Message Edited by sidewinder on 10-31-2008 10:33 AM
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.