Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allianceone has 13 yr old accnt won't delete

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Allianceone has 13 yr old accnt won't delete

So I called allianceone after seeing on a credit report. The lady said it is a good active and verified debt. I asked for info and she says its from aug 2000. I said we'll that's past the sol and she says its still a debt. This was a parking ticket. She then says that they will be coming after my bank account. I disputed with all 3 credit bureaus. Equifax is the only one that didn't delete it. Anything I can do?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Allianceone has 13 yr old accnt won't delete

Be sure not to confuse SOL with CRTP. CRTP is the credit reporting time period which is set by federal law and that's 7-7.5 yrs on items like collections. SOL is the time frame a creditor has to collect. That has nothing to do with reporting and varies by state. Parking tickets vary by state. I know of at least one state (AZ I think) where there is no SOL on parking tickets. They can come after the debt decades after the ticket. I'm not familiar with states' SOL on parking tickets, but I can't imagine more than 5-10 yrs. on average. Definitely check your state's laws (or rather the state in which the ticket was issued).

Per reporting, a CA (I'm assuming AllianceOne is a CA) cannot report for more than 7-7.5 yrs from the date of the ticket. If the ticket was issued in 8/2000, do you have proof of that? Could you re-dispute with that proof?

Message 2 of 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

The woman was right in one aspect.  Yes, it is still an active valid debt.  All debt is that way until paid, no matter if it's past the SOL or the CRTP.  What this does appear to be however is a Zombie debt.  It shouldn't be on your CR because it is so old.

Now with that being said, since this is from a ticket, there are some state statutes that may come into play as to how long they can collect on it concerning the SOL.  I don't know the particulars for your situation so I am unable to comment on them.

As far as coming after your bank account, unless you live in Minnesota or a state that has pocket filing, they must take you to court.  Once again, concerning your particular states statutes, since this was a ticket, they may consider that this serves as the legal means by which to secure a judgement..

The only thing I can tell you for certain is that this is past the CRTP and should by no means that I'm aware of be showing on your CR.   How much is it?  If it's a small amount, I'd pay and this would all be a moot point.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

llecs is a faster typer.  Smiley Sad  haha

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.