cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant FCU approved me with a frozen ChexSystems

tag
baseball01

Alliant FCU approved me with a frozen ChexSystems

On 9/11/17 and I applied for membership and was denied because Alliant FCU uses ChexSystems.

Around that time and I placed a freeze on my ChexSystems which it is still frozen as of today. I applied for membership on 9/14/17 and they approved me and also with a checking account and Debit Card.

I receive Social Security income and do not want to direct deposit into Alliant because they will likely catch on and close the accounts and if that happens than the monthly payments are sent back to Social Security and placed on hold. It is my only source of income.

Currently it is being direct deposited into TD Bank which is not good. They already placed offsets on the 2 accounts. Based on the income I receive and they took it into consideration and removed the offsets. They do have a right to place offsets again and if they do and they might not remove it again.

I am also on the EWS report as well.

My credit is not so great either.

What would be some good primary Credit Unions even if it is nationwide than I could apply for membership online? I am in Pennsylvania.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
baseball01

Re: Alliant FCU approved me with a frozen ChexSystems

Just noticed the typo in the title line of this thread so I am replying because I changed it.
Message 2 of 4
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Hi.

Is TD Bank applying "offsets" due to prior overdrafts or other money owed them?   I don't know what "offsets" is referring to.

If I were you, I would have the check deposited to Alliant.  Chexsystems inquiries are only done once at the time you open the account.   It is not ongoing like the soft pulls on regular credit reports.   I think the chances of Alliant knowing about your problem is slim to none.

Just my opinion.   Good luck.  

Message 3 of 4
baseball01

TD applied the offsets because of money owed to them. I had to call Collections & Recovery and it took them about an hour to convince another department to reverse the offsets.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.