Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allied Collection Services

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Allied Collection Services

Hi,

Has anyone dealt with Allied Collection Services for trying to get a 1-2 year old collection off your report? How are they with PFD or GWs? CSSRM or Verbal success? I have a $102 collection with them from 2013 which I am looking to get removed from Experian.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Googler89
Established Member

Re: Allied Collection Services

I had a collection through them from a tuition bill not getting paid via a passport agreement. They refused a PFD and the school wouldn't okay it either. Someone there told me I could always dispute it with the CRA after it was paid. I was very bummed and told the lady it wouldn't work because you would just verify it. 

Well ell I disputed it anyways for **bleep**s and giggles and to my surprise they removed the collection and all history of it. 

Starting Score: (EQ 590)-(TU 625)-(EX 606) 9/2014
Current Score: (EQ 599)-(TU 647)-(EX 617) 11/2014
ST Goal Score: (EQ 640)-(TU 670)-(EX 650)
LT Goal Score: 750
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sadly mine has already been verified.

Message 3 of 10
Googler89
Established Member

Have you paid it?

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dealt with them recently. They would not do a PFD either. So i told them since it was such a small collection, I wouldnt pay it. Simply put, if the owed balanced (before fees) is less than 100 buck then it does NOT effect your Credit Score. Once I said that, (I emailed them to keep records) they replied that since I would not pay the debt, they would send it back to OC. Follow up letter confirmed they would remove it from credit report within 15 days. Once that happened, i paid OC and it never appeared again. Hope that helps.

Message 5 of 10
Googler89
Established Member

Awesome! I tried being stern with them but I couldn't get anywhere. Mine was a little more than $300 and I had to pay it to get transcripts. I had another one with them too that was under $100 that they said they wouldn't report either, due to being under $100. I paid it anyways, hoping it would please them and give me a better chance of getting the $300 one removed. 

I feel like if you want it removed and can't get your way initially, paying the collection and disputing may be your best bet. It hurt my score a little when they updated it as paid, but I am glad I done it. 

Message 6 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The rub is that in order to file a legitimate dispute, you must identifiy and document some actual error in their reporting.

Otherwise, and disptue can be dismissed without any need for investigation, and thus any need to verify anything.

Additionally, even if a legitimate inaccuracy is asserted, the requirment to delete if the furnisher does not verify only extends to the specific information that is under dispute, not any other information.  If a dispute is filed on a collection, unless the inaccuracy is the owing of any debt, then the required outcome would not compel deletion of the collection itself. 

The dispute processes are not intended to compel the deletion of accurate information, they are intended to obtain correction of inaccurate information.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is what it looks like

Collection Agency - - Allied Collection Svcs

Original Lender - - Nutribullet Llc

Original Balance - - $99

Current Balance - - $102

Status - - Account seriously past due date/account assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantor's public collection department Date Assigned - - Jul 30, 2013

Does this still applies as under $100?

Message 8 of 10
Googler89
Established Member

Looks like they have already reported so doesn't really matter now.

Here is what I have to say.... and others may disagree.... If you are in the process of cleaning up your report and want the collection off *possibly* sooner than later, pay the bill and dispute the collection. Your only supposed to dispute inaccurate information, but who cares. This is the real world. Everybody lies.

Or if it isn't something you care about coming off really soon, leave it until out of your SOL. 

Maybe I don't give the the best advice, but that is mine. : )

Keep me updated!

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess it won't hurt to try these things and worst case scenerio I just have to pay it anyways and try GW.

Thanks.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.