cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allied Interstate FAIL 141 point decrease.

tag
lpayton
Regular Contributor

Allied Interstate FAIL 141 point decrease.

Worst company....EVER.

I have been paying religiously for several months on an account that is not on my credit reports.  They offered me a payment plan, and promised they would not add to the CRA's.   For some reason, this month on the 1st, my payment was declined.  It could be for a 100 different reasons, I don't know why, it just was.  So, they immediately sent the account to all 3 majors, and they showed up today. Woman Mad

I called and spoke with a HORRID woman, (who wouldn't let me finish even the beginning of my sentence before interrupting me) and I *tried* to explain that it was an innocent mistake, I am sorry, please remove it and lets continue the payment plan.

Conversation went something like this:

Me: I am sorry.  Please remove this! It was some sort of computer error or something...please remove it and I will make the payment now, it has only been 4 days.

Her: NO MA'AM, we DON'T remove accounts once they are reported. But you can still make your payment.

Me: Ma'am, this is a simple error, I did nothing wrong to cause this...my account has been auto-debited for MONTHS without a problem.  Please please remove this I am in the process of buying a home.

Her: No.

Me: I will pay it in FULL right now if you will remove it.

Her: Okay, go ahead, but we will not remove the account from your credit.

Me: Who is your supervisor?

Her: I work for Allied Interstate.

Me: What is your consumer advocacy number?

Her: We don't have a consumer advocacy department.

Me: uh, yeah, you do.

Her: No we don't

Me: You DO, because I have dealt with them in the past.

Her:  they will just send you back to me.

You probably get the drift of how angry and frustrated I was when I finally hung up.  Literally, devastating.  This is the 3rd new collection in 3 days. Credit score? Transunion (MyFico pull) says 504....from a 645.  ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY ONE POINTS I LOST IN THE LAST DAY..   Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Re: Allied Interstate FAIL 141 point decrease.

This is absurd - i would be pulling my hair out (not that i have any to pull out anymore) lol 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 2 of 4
eparker
Frequent Contributor

Hello lpayton....sorry to hear about that.  But I have been exactly where you are.  Several years ago I had began working on my credit.  I had gotten up to about about the 640 range.  I went through a divorce and my scores dropped to about the 490's.  Collections began popping up, I was still connected to some of my ex-wifes accounts.  When I hit the 490's I wanted to give up but I kept going. 

If you have other collections attempt to PFD with the other companies.  Continue to look on here and get ideas, it can be done.  I am down to one collection on TU, that I just paid and now trying to get deleted.  I have one remaining on EQ. my scores are decent now.  But I am trying to get to around 750.  Take it slow and sometimes you just have to sit back and breath.

Good luck and keep going!!!!!!

Starting Score: Mid 500's
EQ-701 TU-693 EXP-698
Goal Score:750+

NavChek $15,000/NFCU nRewards Visa $12,000/American Express Rewards Gold NPSL/USAA Rewards World Mastercard $7000/USAA Visa Platinum $7000/Barclay $3900/Credit Union Visa $5000/Jareds $7600/BofA Visa $4000/USAA MC $1500/Walmart $1200//Amazon $1000/Discover Card $750/Cap1 $2250.

the FICO Fitness Challenge
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 4
Booner72
Senior Contributor

It takes a LOT of energy and time to make sure bills go through, get paid on time, etc.  I used to not give one crap about it.  Now I'm constantly checking the banks - checking balances etc.  I just realized today I didn't hit the 'submit' button for my SL that is due exactly today but I had thought I paid it on the 1st, when I pay all my bills.  I also found out that the water bill didn't go through on my online banking.  So luckily I corrected these.

Before, I never would have noticed or cared, and they would have ended up being extremely late, having late fees, and showing up on my reports.

Keep your head high and continue to plug along.  If I were in your shoes, I'd find out WHY the payment didn't go through and then offer that up as a possible explanation.  I would also be burning up their phone/email/fax/mailbox with pleadings to PLEASE PLEASE give me one tiny last little break.  It certainly can't hurt to try this.

Good Luck!  Hang in there.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.