Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Almost done. Need a lil advice

tag
Rkalynsmith
Regular Contributor

Almost done. Need a lil advice

3 baddies left. EQ ADT ( Pen financial?) $1229/ EX Boa (RJM ACU) $690/ TU boa (RJM ACU) $690, Village ticket (MCSI INC) $500. Okay I heard good things about RJM ACU doing PFD. Should I offer $200? Village tickets- Lady I spoke with said they will delete once paid but can't give me anything in writing. What should I do? Spoke with ADT and the CSR said I can reinstate the account if I paid the past due bill which is $229. The extra $1000 was because I broke the contract but that will be waived and Will contact the CA and have them delete it. Should I reinstate? Don't really want the service but I was thinking reinstate and once cleared off CR pay the 1k to break the contract (Might be less since they charged per month. 3 year contract) after 6 months so it won't go back on my CR. I heard that Pen Financial won't ever do a PFD. Thoughts?

Starting Score: 565
Current Score: 721
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Rkalynsmith
Regular Contributor

Re: Almost done. Need a lil advice

Bump

Message 2 of 5
Rkalynsmith
Regular Contributor

Really guys? lol BUMP

Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Rkalynsmith wrote:

3 baddies left. EQ ADT ( Pen financial?) $1229/ EX Boa (RJM ACU) $690/ TU boa (RJM ACU) $690, Village ticket (MCSI INC) $500. Okay I heard good things about RJM ACU doing PFD. Should I offer $200? Village tickets- Lady I spoke with said they will delete once paid but can't give me anything in writing. What should I do? Spoke with ADT and the CSR said I can reinstate the account if I paid the past due bill which is $229. The extra $1000 was because I broke the contract but that will be waived and Will contact the CA and have them delete it. Should I reinstate? Don't really want the service but I was thinking reinstate and once cleared off CR pay the 1k to break the contract (Might be less since they charged per month. 3 year contract) after 6 months so it won't go back on my CR. I heard that Pen Financial won't ever do a PFD. Thoughts?

I too have heard RJM was good for PFDs.

If Village said they would delete, I would pay it and take their word for it.  Many won't give anything in writing because it violates their agreements with the CRAs for not deleting for payment.  If they gave that to you it could get them in trouble with the CRAs if it was used.  They can delete for whatever reason they want and not have to tell the CRA it was for payment.

If you reinstated would it start where it left off or would it start over again?

Message 4 of 5
Rkalynsmith
Regular Contributor

It was start where it left off at. Which was only 1 year. Ive been debating all day on what to do. RJM will be mailed a PFD Letter on Monday. As for the village I think I'll jump on a payment plan with them. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.