Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Almost done plus a twist…

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Almost done plus a twist…

My latest update over only one month

EX 633 to 683 +50     (still waiting for IRS Tax Lien to be removed)

TU 628 to 774 +146

EQ 623 to 758 +135

my score from March

Pulled today

So im going to buy a jet ski today and will be placing a security freeze on my EX since its not fixed just yet.

Here is the Twist!

I got a collection letter from Niagara credit solutions for a past debt (judgment) that has long fallen off all my CRs long ago, and it’s becoming a yearly thing that they contact me. I have no Baddies left on my CR besides the Lien which will be removed.

What should I do about the collection letter?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Almost done plus a twist…

I'm assuming paying it before it hits your credit isn't an option?

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

They never did anything last year when they tried the same thing.

Message 3 of 13
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

What's the DOFD??  That's most important. If it is outside the 7 year 180 day reporting period and your state's SOL, it's on you if you decide to pay it. If it can still be reported, and you can afford to pay it, pay it. Even if it was removed they can easily sell it to another agency and then the new collection agency can reinsert it on your reports.

In my experience, if they are SPing you, they may intend to collect when they see your scores improving - so check that too if you have recent full reports. I had a LOT of stuff come out the woodwork once I started making gains and getting derogs removed. So beware. 

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

TU 628 to 774 +146

EQ 623 to 758 +135

my score from March

Pulled today

So im going to buy a jet ski today and will be placing a security freeze on my EX since its not fixed just yet.

Here is the Twist!

I got a collection letter from Niagara credit solutions for a past debt (judgment) that has long fallen off all my CRs long ago, and it’s becoming a yearly thing that they contact me. I have no Baddies left on my CR besides the Lien which will be removed.

I'd try to put it to bed with an 'expired statute of limitations letter' - google for examples

Message 5 of 13
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Is the judgement still enforceable?

If so, the judgment creditor could, at any time, seek a writ ordering specific satisfaction of the judgment, such as by attachment of assets or garnishment of pay.

I would not ignore a judgment simply because it is not showing in your credit report......

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

TU 628 to 774 +146

EQ 623 to 758 +135

my score from March

Pulled today

Here is the Twist!

What site are you pulling your scores from? Does not look like MyFico?

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

TU 628 to 774 +146

EQ 623 to 758 +135

my score from March

Pulled today

Here is the Twist!

What site are you pulling your scores from? Does not look like MyFico?

Those are from CCT 

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrsCHX wrote:

What's the DOFD??  That's most important. If it is outside the 7 year 180 day reporting period and your state's SOL, it's on you if you decide to pay it. If it can still be reported, and you can afford to pay it, pay it. Even if it was removed they can easily sell it to another agency and then the new collection agency can reinsert it on your reports.

In my experience, if they are SPing you, they may intend to collect when they see your scores improving - so check that too if you have recent full reports. I had a LOT of stuff come out the woodwork once I started making gains and getting derogs removed. So beware. 

Dofd is irrelevant here. Judgements are enforceable for 10 years upon entering of the judgement. (In some states it is 20, and I believe most states the judgement can be renewed until it is collected or voided.)

Message 9 of 13
WontHeDoIt
Established Member

How'd you accomplish this jump in one month? I am trying to follow your story and cant see where you started . . .

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.