Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alrightttttt - DGF is about to come onboard

tag
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Alrightttttt - DGF is about to come onboard

She is ready to finally sit down and pull her scores and get her app-spree on.  We are about to pull her reports/scores from here and look at some miles/points cards.  She's going to app for the zync using the link I sent her, so that I can get the 5k points.

Then for revolvers will see what is best for her spending habits and what her scores will support.

She should have 1 or 2 inq reporting, 0 derogs of any kind, at least 4 years, but she has one card nearly maxed out, while the others are PIF.

We'll see and I'll report back the results

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: Alrightttttt - DGF is about to come onboard

@Repo-ed wrote:

She is ready to finally sit down and pull her scores and get her app-spree on.  We are about to pull her reports/scores from here and look at some miles/points cards.  She's going to app for the zync using the link I sent her, so that I can get the 5k points.

Then for revolvers will see what is best for her spending habits and what her scores will support.

She should have 1 or 2 inq reporting, 0 derogs of any kind, at least 4 years, but she has one card nearly maxed out, while the others are PIF.

We'll see and I'll report back the results

Whew....and boy was I wrong on a lot of accounts, right on some others.

Good news, is she has 11+ yrs AAoA across 27 mixed accounts w/ 0 collections, COs or any thing of the sort.

Bad news is she is riddled with 30, 60, 90, 120 lates.  Most are years old, while the most recent is only 8 months old....

The only postives are her AAoA, and low Util%.  We (she) has a lot of work ahead of her.  We pulled all 3 reports (2 from here) the other from annualcreditreport and we're going to start drafting GWs for the lates and DVs on a few others.

In short, no app spree for her, until we get a handle on her accounts.

Message 2 of 15
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

All 3 CRs on an excel sheet(s) and it's not as bad as I initlally thought. Not great by any stretch, but not as bad as I thought.  Will hunt down good GW contact info for her, and give her some templates of letters I've sent, so she can draft them up, and send them out.  Thankfully (if there was such a thing) the only derogs are lates (still not great), but will make it easier perhaps with GWs, as everything is either up-to-date, or PIF and closed aside from her recent CCs over the last 4 years which have perfect pmt hx.

Mods - can i request to have this moved to rebuilding?

Message 3 of 15
drkaje
Senior Contributor

I hope she's doing the work, too!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 15
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Repo-ed wrote:

All 3 CRs on an excel sheet(s) and it's not as bad as I initlally thought. Not great by any stretch, but not as bad as I thought.  Will hunt down good GW contact info for her, and give her some templates of letters I've sent, so she can draft them up, and send them out.  Thankfully (if there was such a thing) the only derogs are lates (still not great), but will make it easier perhaps with GWs, as everything is either up-to-date, or PIF and closed aside from her recent CCs over the last 4 years which have perfect pmt hx.

I can do that.

Message 5 of 15
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

i would image that the most important benefit from this whole experience is the education she has gained from you.

It should emphasize the importance of her only prior mistakes.... being late, and high utils!

Kudos to your assistant in creating another knowledgeable consumer!

Message 6 of 15
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

I hope she's doing the work, too!

Smiley Very Happy Indeed.  She even sat on the ground next to the dining room table and had her first lesson in credit management.

She's never been declined for anything, so she took that for granted. She thought paying everything off was the end game, and didn't think much about the 30 days, etc - since everything would be paid-off in the end.

Ugg...

Message 7 of 15
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Repo-ed wrote:

I can do that.

Thank you!

Message 8 of 15
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I hope you had some candles glowing, adding to that romantic moment!

Message 9 of 15
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

i would image that the most important benefit from this whole experience is the education she has gained from you.

It should emphasize the importance of her only prior mistakes.... being late, and high utils!

Kudos to your assistant in creating another knowledgeable consumer!

She has already become a more aware credit consumer, by mid-day Smiley Very Happy

She has drafted up the GWs for 6 accounts that are all late payment related.

She has already disputed a balance being reported from EQ, and disputed another account that is reporting as "Unknown Name".  It has a 0 balance, but has no idea what it is, for obvious reasons.

She is calling in a GW tomorrow for one of the above accounts, to see if she can get a GW removal faster than by paper.

The biggest thing to come out of today, is her commitment to NOT charge anything else until the current debt is PIF - $6927 (this is the total being reported, and does not take into account payments made to some of the accounts last night)  She recently paid off her car note and has already applied that monthly car payment amount to her debt over the past 2 months, so that was a great first step for her!

Once the CCs are paid-in-full, she said she will look over accounts to close, to avoid any negative impact to her Util% which is currently at 36%.  We talked about the importance of only charging what can be PIF'd and she is fully onboard - but only time will tell.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.