cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative to CRA dispute?!? Yes, its Midland...

tag
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Alternative to CRA dispute?!? Yes, its Midland...

Ok guys, I need some advice here.

I sent a DV letter and got a bogus response, filed a BBB complaint and rejected their offer, filed a CFPB complaint, in the end EQ ended up deleted Midland after I initiated a CRA dispute. The Midland accounts still appear on TU and EX.....I want to apply for mortgage loans soon and I am in the process of removing all dispute comments, so I really didn't want to initiate disputes with EX and TU to have Midland removed, but I don't know what else to do at this point.

Any ideas or suggestions?  

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Re: Alternative to CRA dispute?!? Yes, its Midland...

Any Ideas or suggestions?!? I am going to wait until friday to initiate the CRA disputes. ....30 more days of waiting. 

Update: I initiated the EX dispute tonight....going to TU website now. OMG.

Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You may have recourse, without filing a new dispute with the other CRAs, depending upon HOW the dispute with CRA1 was resolved.

When you dispute with a CRA, they are required to forward a copy of the dispute to the furnisher of the disputed information.

The furnisher is then required to conduct a reasonable investigation, and respond back to the CRA within the CRA's reinvestigation period.

If the furnisher's investigation finds the disputed information to be inaccurate or incomplete, they must also report those results to all other CRAs to which they have also reported the disputed information.  FCRA 623(b)(1)(D).

If that is the case, you can contaxt the debt collector and remind them of their responsibility to have reported their results to all other CRAs.

Message 3 of 6
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

oh Robert! Good thinking!!! I will contact Midland today. Thank you soooooo much. 

Message 4 of 6
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Ok, so now both Midland have been removed from EQ and one has been removed from both EX and TU.....so, I will wait 2 weeks and contact Midland if nothing has changed. Of course they left the most recent one there!  Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 6
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Update: My TU FAKO increased with the removal of one Midland account....From 698 to 711; does that mean my FICO may have gone up as well?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.