Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Always Ask to Speak to Their Manager

tag
esme
Regular Contributor

Always Ask to Speak to Their Manager

I have always known this, but my experience earlier today was just a reminder and reinforcement of this fact that I have known and believed in for so very long: the first-tier CSRs cannot help you!

I called two creditors that were showing up on my credit report today to request that they delete the collection tradelines being reported on my credit reports. I was SURE that the DOFDs on both of these accounts were older than 7 years ago. I even told them that the same TLs had already fallen off of the other 2 CRs and I was only asking to delete on the CR on which they remained. Long story short, both CSRs insisted they couldn't do anything and when I asked to be transferred to their respective managers, they added, "He/she is going to tell you the same thing I am telling you," before transferring me.

Whatever.

Both managers to whom I escalated my request had access to different information on the DOFD and also had the authority to make a decision about whether to approve my request - WHICH THEY DID! Two collection TLs deleted from all 3 CRs in one day. BOOM. Smiley Very Happy

So do these first-tier CSRs truly believe that they are the be-all end-all for accurate information? Or are they trained to deter people from wanting to present requests to those above them? Smiley Frustrated

Starting Scores: EQ 582 TU 584 EX 615 (FICO - Lender Pulled) 1/4/2012
Current Scores:EQ 632 TU 698 EX 669 (Lender Pulled) 3/17/2012
Goal Scores:700 club here we come!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Guava
Established Contributor

Re: Always Ask to Speak to Their Manager

Congrats! Maybe you got better speaking skill than some of us haha

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Message 2 of 4
esme
Regular Contributor

Yeah right, I see that huge score jump in your signature Smiley Tongue

I'm just tired of taking no for an answer. It doesn't work every time, but the worst thing they can say is no. Then you just call again to ask someone else lol

Starting Scores: EQ 582 TU 584 EX 615 (FICO - Lender Pulled) 1/4/2012
Current Scores:EQ 632 TU 698 EX 669 (Lender Pulled) 3/17/2012
Goal Scores:700 club here we come!

Message 3 of 4
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

I love to hear stories like this, it helps me to push forward. I am contacting at least one creditor everyday with the hopes of finally clearing anything negative off my reports

Starting Score: TU-470 4/11/19, EQ-482 4/11/19, EX-486 4/11/19
Current Score: TU-507 7/18/19, EQ-517 7/18/19, EX-508 7/18/19
Goal Score: TU-700, EQ-700, EX-700

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.