Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am Honda Finance repo question

tag
kitty9779
Regular Contributor

Am Honda Finance repo question

I feel like I'm asking way too many questions today, but I've been busy with my credit repair process today and have lots of them that keep coming up.

I have an account on my credit report for a repo that happened in 2006. MyFico currently indicates that 8/2006 was the DOFD and, if I remember correctly, TU told me that it would fall off of my account either 5/13 or 10/13.

I just went back to a TransUnion and an Experion credit report that I printed in 2009. They both say "This account is scheduled to continue on record until January 2013." I'm not sure why the timing would have ever been January 2013, but they both say the same thing. What now? Can I have it removed based on what my CR in 2009 told me?

Should I NOT get too excited just yet? It would be GREAT to get this repo off of my CR now instead of waiting!!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Am Honda Finance repo question

Can you pull your reports from annualcredit report.com?  If so, I would.

Just because the one from myFico shows the account it may not be on the ones directly from the CRAs.

It is possible the OC corrected an incorrect reporting.

Message 2 of 18
kitty9779
Regular Contributor

I know I can't get a free one right now....I think I can pay for those anytime, right?

I really hope that they didn't correct something that was reported incorrectly....I want it gone now! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Yes you can pay for one.

I just want you to make sure before you do anything else.

Message 4 of 18
kitty9779
Regular Contributor

Well...seems there is some good news and some bad news. It is completely gone from my Experian CR. Equifax still lists it. I didn't pass the identity test on TU (how crazy is that???) so I'm not sure about that one. Think it's safe to assume that if it's gone from Experian that it's gone from TU too? Any way to get it off of Equifax?

Message 5 of 18
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

You can never assume that because an item doesn't appear on one CR, that it doesn't report on another. If I were to assume anything (I wouldn't), I'd assume that it WAS on the other report. You can still write to TU to get your CR.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 18
scorpiostinger07
Regular Contributor

OP. I also have a Honda Financial REPO with the same DOFD as you. TU has Deleted, EX has a fall off date of Mar, and Its still on EQ. So the deletion date can vary from CRA to CRA.

Starting Score: 433
Current Score: 700
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 18
kitty9779
Regular Contributor

That's really interesting that it works that way. I wonder if there's anything to get it to fall off faster?

Message 8 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

It's not supposed to work that way.  The DoFD is supposed to be the same across all CRAs.  Since TU and EX don't use a DoFD they come up with a fall off date.  If you were to subtract 7.5 years from the fall of date, it should be the DoFD.

Message 9 of 18
kitty9779
Regular Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

It's not supposed to work that way.  The DoFD is supposed to be the same across all CRAs.  Since TU and EX don't use a DoFD they come up with a fall off date.  If you were to subtract 7.5 years from the fall of date, it should be the DoFD.

But, what if that's not the case? I'm not sure if I should just do nothing and wait for 7.5 years, which would be October, or if I should say "it's off of these credit reports....please take it off of yours."

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.