Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I done rebuilding??

tag
biglista88
Regular Contributor

Am I done rebuilding??

Is their anything else I need to do to improve or do I just garden from now on? Utilization 12% (ia actually around 3% but hasn't updated). My current cards and limits are in my siggy. As well as scores. Starting scores were very low 500's (2013). I have tons of INQ'S due to changing from sub prime to prime cards.
One judgment on EQ &TU (5 years old and satisfied). No other baddies. Oldest account is a little over 2 years old.

So my question is, what's next?
REBUILD STARTED (AGAIN) 9/1/2023

Current Scores 4/4/24

“Breathing new life into a dead credit file”
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Am I done rebuilding??

Yup, time to garden and wait for the Judgement to fall off. Though I would consider replacing the FP cards with Cap One cards in the very near future.

Message 2 of 11
biglista88
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the advice, I figured as much. But it appears I have spooked the prime lenders by my number of recently approved credit accounts. Chase told me Iwas declined for this sole reason as well as Amex. Guess I'll hold off for a while before I get rid of first premier (finally).

Current Scores 4/4/24

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@biglista88 wrote:
Thanks for the advice, I figured as much. But it appears I have spooked the prime lenders by my number of recently approved credit accounts. Chase told me Iwas declined for this sole reason as well as Amex. Guess I'll hold off for a while before I get rid of first premier (finally).

Hence my suggestion for Cap One. They will generally allow 2-5 accounts (not sure of their criteria here). I would app for a regular QS account in a month or two, depending on the age of the current accounts. The nice thing about Cap One is they will upgrade your accounts over time. I got my platinum 'starter' accounts upgraded to QS/QS1 accounts.

Message 4 of 11
biglista88
Regular Contributor

Cap 1 denied me for both, a new QS card and converting my product from QS1 to venture one or regular QS. I have a year of good payment history with them. I will be closing that account soon as well. As you can see I'm no longer in the $300 limit kinda credit range. On the other hand, my credit union has given me whatever I've asked, including 3 CLI's. I've returned the favor with excellent utilization management as well as payment history.

Current Scores 4/4/24

Message 5 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

The only thing I would add is to see about getting that judgment vacated on grounds its been paid  if you have not already tried.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It may also be that they have not seen high enough usage. Cap One likes to see a lot of usage and low/no carried balance.

I really wish I could get back in with NFCU, I closed my account about 15 years ago - no branch anywhere near me and online banking was in it's infancy. Big mistake.

Message 7 of 11
biglista88
Regular Contributor

How do I go about getting the judgment vacated? I no longer live in the state in which the case originated. And Norman, that $300 limit prevents me from using the card heavily. I put over 2k on my NFCU Cash rewards monthly and PIF or carry a balance less than 10%, I can't wait for those payments to clear 7x a month on my QS. I wish Cap 1 had grown with me but I fear I may be beyond them now Smiley Sad

Current Scores 4/4/24

Message 8 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@biglista88 wrote:
How do I go about getting the judgment vacated? I no longer live in the state in which the case originated. And Norman, that $300 limit prevents me from using the card heavily. I put over 2k on my NFCU Cash rewards monthly and PIF or carry a balance less than 10%, I can't wait for those payments to clear 7x a month on my QS. I wish Cap 1 had grown with me but I fear I may be beyond them now Smiley Sad

On the judgment you would search the states laws online, goto the ones that control how the civil court system works and find what reasons a judgment can be vacated. You would have to file a motion in the court, its possible it could be done by mail not sure on that though. You would have to find out if an appearance in person is necessary and if its worth it to you.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

When mine were at 300/500 limits, I would charge the $300 card up, switch to the other card, and when payments were all posted on the first one, I would pay it down then switch again. I was paying them 3-4 times a month. Their online account management makes it easy to do. The third month of that activity and they upped my limits to 800/1500

You don't have to rely exclusively on them by charging them up 7 times a month, but if you max them twice a month for a couple of months they might see fit to give you some luv. Its worth a shot.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.