Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I doomed?

tag
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Re: Am I doomed?

@Anonymous wrote:

Ya the sudent loans were 120+ past due. They are both current as of yesterday until February 2013. They were the only thing I fell behind on in 2012. I plan on paying them off completely in the next 6 months put I want to stretch out the payments so that it shows a good history of paying. I think that will boost my score more than just paying lump sum.

once the accounts are updated in your credit profile to "paid as agreed" it really won't make a difference how it is paid off.  Time is time. I would attempt to GW now though. The only differene it might make is in your credit mix, if you have no other installment loans.  Someone else might be able to comment on the direct scoring impact that may have. 

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 11 of 12
diabla
Regular Contributor

Re: Am I doomed?

Never doomed!  I've read some stories of people like low 400s going past 700 once they got to work.  it won't be overnight but it can be faster than you imagined.  I think a year is excellent.

I've seen worse, believe it or not!

Definitely do the PFDs on those small items, as your budget allows.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.