Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I going to receive AA?? I'm so upset

tag
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

Am I going to receive AA?? I'm so upset

Ok I just pulled an updated copy of my experian credit report today! I received an unhappy suprise! I saw a collection account just reporting on my report but it says they received the acct in october! It's for get this bmg music club from 7/10/04!!!  So I called them I know we're not supposed to but on my credit report it stated just rjm acquistions and the amount of a whole $54. She couldnt find it at first. Then she was like we can settle for $38.17, I said that's fine and dandy but if it's paid will it be removed off my report. she said yes and i said then send me a letter in the mail stating this and i will be happy to pay it!! I told her i dont even remember getting anything from them...is there anything i can do, i would really hate for some of my creditors to soft me and see this and then all heck break loose!!

please help!

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Am I going to receive AA?? I'm so upset

You can DV them, but you know, if it were me, I think on something this small, I would pay it and they DO delete. It will be the quickest way to get it off of there too. DH had a baddie with them and after he made a settlement payment, they did delete like they agreed within a couple of weeks of payment. Good luck and hopefully you can get this resolved quickly. This is a nasty climate to be having any kind of baddies pop up.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

And to add. DH doesn't know squat about the credit repairing, so he paid his over the phone and still got it deleted with no letter! I would ask to have them send you one first if they can fax one, would be even better. But many have reported success in getting them to PFD.
Message 3 of 8
emartin82
Regular Contributor

I had an account with RJM. I sent them a PFD letter and they replied, in writing, that they WOULD delete after payment. I paid them and sure enough, it was gone from my reports. RJM keeps their word.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Always send a DV  CMRRR     most music and book clubs do not belong to the person that the CA is reporting!
Message 5 of 8
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

well they said they would send the letter and i said i wouldnt pay until then but i want it off asap..do you think that my credit accounts will be canceled or cl lowered..i'm really really worried and i cant believe its from some bologna like this and from 2004 the sooner the better..oh man i'm so upset
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

bamagirl1 wrote:
..do you think that my credit accounts will be canceled or cl lowered..

Depends on your creditors and how picky they are being right now.

In the current credit environment, if any do an AR while this is showing, it is possible.

Message 7 of 8
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

my main creditors are GEMB, i just got a boa secured, capital one, navy federal and macys, i have a kohls and circuit city
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.