Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I reading my report wrong?

tag
jai8694
Valued Member

Am I reading my report wrong?

in 2013 I opened secured card with USAA and all was cool til I fell sick. I was hospitalized and needless to say I missed that min payment. USAA immediately closed card and CD and reported closed by grantor. Fast forward this year and new secured card. Since my new card has been reporting there now appears to updated activity on my closed account as well. Status of paid closed never changes but update every month for last 3 months and even ok for payment history with data for February March and April 2015. I thought there was mixup with cards but I get updates for that card as well and it's status is open no missed payments. Shows on EQ,EX,TU and CK. am I reading wrong?

No score updates for 6 months is the plan while I garden
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Am I reading my report wrong?

@jai8694 wrote:

in 2013 I opened secured card with USAA and all was cool til I fell sick. I was hospitalized and needless to say I missed that min payment. USAA immediately closed card and CD and reported closed by grantor. Fast forward this year and new secured card. Since my new card has been reporting there now appears to updated activity on my closed account as well. Status of paid closed never changes but update every month for last 3 months and even ok for payment history with data for February March and April 2015. I thought there was mixup with cards but I get updates for that card as well and it's status is open no missed payments. Shows on EQ,EX,TU and CK. am I reading wrong?

I would not worry about it as long as it reports OK.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.