Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I ready to throw away Creditone?

tag
sueblue34
Frequent Contributor

Am I ready to throw away Creditone?

Okay so I've been rebuiding for the last year. I think I'm in a better position now since my score is higher and I've managed to obtain better cards with decent limits so my question to everyone is: Is it time to throw away Credit One? Or keep it and let it report $0? and if I put it on the chopping block how will it affect my credit score (currently in high 600s)

My wallet holds:

Credit One -$1950

Amex delta-1k

Cap1 QS- $3500

Pendfed-5k

Care Credit-8k

Credit One is my oldest card.

I do have installment loans (student/auto) that AAoA is longer.

1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Am I ready to throw away Creditone?

@sueblue34wrote:

Okay so I've been rebuiding for the last year. I think I'm in a better position now since my score is higher and I've managed to obtain better cards with decent limits so my question to everyone is: Is it time to throw away Credit One? Or keep it and let it report $0? and if I put it on the chopping block how will it affect my credit score (currently in high 600s)

My wallet holds:

Credit One -$1950

Amex delta-1k

Cap1 QS- $3500

Pendfed-5k

Care Credit-8k

Credit One is my oldest card.

I do have installment loans (student/auto) that AAoA is longer.

If you have most of those other cards paid off, close it its not going to affect very much in the way of Fico. It will remain up to 10 yrs post close before its removed from your CRs so AAoA isnt immediately impacted.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.