Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I weird?

tag
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

Am I weird?

Not sure if this goes here, but during my rebuilding process, I'm finding more & more of my free time going to checking the various websites & such linked to my rebuilding activities. I literally check 3-4 times per day per website. Like checking the status of disputes & complaints several times per day even though I know in the back of my mind they cant possibly be done yet.

I feel like I'm getting addicted to the credit repair process. I guess there are worse addictions to have, lol.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Am I weird?

I'm right there with you. I've made amazing progress thusfar and am keeping tabs way too closely on my reports. In my defense (lol) there are 2 CAs that are violating FCRA and various other things that keep contacting me. One by mail and the other by phone. I'm worried one will hit my report one of these days. 

Message 2 of 8
Scupra
Super Contributor

Not at all Smiley Very Happy I think a lot of us have been there!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 3 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

LOL, I would not say its weird we all want things to be corrected ASAP.

Message 4 of 8
Pway
Valued Contributor

I agree we don't like to play the silly waiting game.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

GUILTY!! Hell i even look at the MyFICO app just to be reminded of my progress daily. Scanning these forums for new topics and clicking valable links are all a good way to learn. Eventually you'll be all set and wont have to look anymore. Then starts the WITHDRAWAL PROCESS!!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to check my credit sites incessantly when I first started rebuilding, trying to understand the terminology and getting an accurate assesment of where my credit stood and what I need to do as part of my rebuilding activities. Lately, I only check it once per day, unless I am waiting on a deletion or change to my report, then I check more often

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're weird for it, you have company. I'm so intrigued by all things credit during my rebuilding phase. I find myself checking for removals and their effect on my score. And trying to be patient when items come off one CRA and remain on others is maddening!! Thankfully I'm finding myself excited by the possibilities opening up to me now that things are on track. My TU will be clean when the one item on there is gone (already removed from EQ, and still showing on EX). Once all the agreed upon removals are off of all three reports, there will only be one negative account that reports on EQ and EX only. While I'm waiting for those I'm staying focused on gardening and enjoying my new trade lines. Here's to good obsessions! 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.