cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazing progress in two weeks...

tag
mtkel

Amazing progress in two weeks...

Hello everyone! I started the process of cleaning up my credit report two weeks ago. After poring over the boards here, I learned how to dispute, PFD, and GW people. A little history- in Aug 2009 we filed BK Ch 7 because we were going through a bogus foreclosure (45 days late and they wouldn't accept our payments and called the loan) and after talking to an attorney he suggested we file BK. He also suggested we stop paying all of our bills, which we stupidly did. So our credit was trashed. I hadn't actually looked at our CRs in several years and when I looked a couple of weeks ago I was shocked. My scores were TU 576 EQ 519 and EX FAKO 555. Baddies listed on report were as follows:

1. CA with Credit Systems for medical bill($629 unpaid from 2010)

2. CA for medical bill (paid 2011)

3. CA for internet bill ( CenturyLink reported by EOS-CCA for early term fee $189 unpaid)

4.y8 student loan accounts reporting 120+ from 2009-2010

5. Collection from before BK filed reporting 38 times

6. HBSC account listed as CO not iiB

7. Wells Fargo Dealer Services reporting. 30 day late Jan 2012

So as you can imagine, all of these baddies reporting AFTER my BK do NOT look good to a lender. Or to me. The thing is, none of the post BK accounts are legitimate. At least not in MY book.... The medical bills should never have gone to collection. I am a medically Retired disabled veteran and my med bills are paid 100% by the VA. I never knew about or signed a contract for an early term fee with Century Link. I never paid WFDS late. And my student loans were inforbearance while they reported late.

However, as I'm sure you all know, just telling the CA or CRA this is not going to get these deleted so.... I went to work. Here is my progress so far:

1. CA with credit systems: Sent a PFD to OC and got a call today saying that they researched it, it was their fault, and. They removed the account and called the CA.waiting For score jump.

2. Sent HIPPA letter to CRAs and it was immediately deleted off Dhs CR...waiting on mine.

3. Contacted EOS-CCA with e-mail a MyFICO member sent me and they deleted. I think the OC had already transferred to new CA so we will see. But one CA gone...

4.Contacted The Ombudsman for the Direct Loan service. They assigned me a caseworker and within a week he has had all 8 removed. Haven't seen it hit scores yet.

5. I have disputed duplicate collections with CRA and await results.

6. Disputed account as iiB and am waiting

7. In process. Wrote GW email to customer service and they told me to fax in my request. Haven't heard yet.

So even with most of this having not hit my scores yet, my new scores are: TU 620 EQ 591 and EX FAKO 650.  Can't wait to see what happens. Just had to share my success and hope you all are having similar luck. Thanks to everyone on here for all the help and advice. Will keep you all posted!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
TrishN
Established Contributor

Re: Amazing progress in two weeks...

congrats. thats the way to go. 6 months ago my credit super bad Smiley Very Happy 

10/2012 Started with 588 EQ Fico score and 20+ CA and CO
1750$ total CL
10/2013 in 700 Club
Personal :Total CL 196K
Business : Total CL 200K
Business LOC : 1M
Garden From 10/13/2013
Message 2 of 5
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Keep up the hard work, that's great so far!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 3 of 5
Melanie220
Frequent Contributor

Message 4 of 5
jzsnow
Frequent Contributor

Awesome!! What exactly did the omsbudsman do?? I'm thinking of going that route!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.