cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazing what a 250.00 medical bill can do.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazing what a 250.00 medical bill can do.....

Just got a two year old medical bill removed via GW letter.... I have been disputing this bill for over a year, I sent a GW letter No Dice, offer PFD also No Dice. So I decided one month ago to call the CA to give them my story. This bill was for a procedure for my spouse, insurance should have paid and the medical office told us the insurance company covered the procedure 100%. Fast forward, we moved and a bill was sent to my old address and wasn't forward to our new address. Funny thing was my spouse went back to the doctor office and they never mention anything about the bill. So after talking to the CA CSR and asking her nicely to understand my story and I was willing to pay in full, she FLAT OUT TOLD ME THAT IT WAS HER PRIORITY TO NEVER REMOVE THIS COLLECTION NO MATTER WHAT!!!! I then took an advice my late grandma taught me, to be nice to the rude because they dont know better.., I sent the CA CSR a christmas card with the full amount and wished her a MERRY CHRISTMAS. BAM got a notice via credit Karma that the collection was removed from all 3 bureau.. EX 701-791 TU 711-795 EQ 699-785 I then proceeded to increase my NFCU 6800 to 25,000 approved the next morning HP Via EQ got my Prestige increased from 13k to 25k , declined for too many inqs, recon via EO and approved the next day to 25k....HP via EX I now have a CSP @ 33k Citi Prestige @ 25k Citi Premiere @ 12k Venture @ 30k NFCU @ 25k Barclay Arrival Plus @ 2.5... yes 2,500.00.. they wont give me anything...I used it heavily for months and PIF.... I refuse to apply for AMEX, because they FR me because i made a large jewelry purchase... it was a Plat card that i always ran 4-10k every month..... Without this forum i would still have a 250 Capital One card that never gave me a increase.... Thanks Everyone on this forum and everyone that's rebuilding, remember in time everything will get better in the credit world,just give it time.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: Amazing what a 250.00 medical bill can do.....

lol Nice Work!   congrats on the new scores too!

edit:  that's a keeper... "advice my late grandma taught me, to be nice to the rude because they dont know better"

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

How soon did you see the score increase?

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

As soon as I saw it was removed, I pulled all 3 bureau and all score increased immediately..
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome!
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing your story with us.  Let this serve to myself as well as others that treating someone with respect, dignity, and kindness always overpowers everything else ^wink^.

Congratulations on your accomplishments!

;-)

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great post! Congrats on your results, your scores and your CLIs!! Nicely done! Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 9
Trying_Hard_Every_Day
Established Member

That's awesome and inspiring for sure. Great work!
Starting (February 2015) - EX: 457 // TU: 431 // EQ: 421
Current (November 2015) - EX: 623 // TU: 597 // EQ: 605
End of year Goal - 600+ end of 2015
Future Goal - 800 across the board
Message 8 of 9
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Congrats. Now, if I could remember that. Smiley Wink
Signature needs updating
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.