cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Store Card is the best! Card reopened without asking!

tag
JamesB95
Regular Contributor

Amazon Prime Store Card is the best! Card reopened without asking!

I've been in the process of rebuilding my credit for a couple of months, having all my past collections removed successfully, currently working on removing/reducing past late payment notations on my credit report as well as improving my FICO/credit score for future loans. So far I've paid off my Discover and cut my debt in half with other creditors.

I am currently signed up to Experian credit monitoring which gives me my FICO/credit report daily. I also use Credit Karma, and Capital One Credit Wise.

I called Synchrony Bank about 2 months ago (Amazon Prime Store Card bank) and informed them of my situation and desire to make good with my past debts. I asked for removal of my lates. They removed 90 days worth of lates on my credit report almost instantly and removed my late fees! 

However, my account was still closed at this point with no sign of getting it back, and I did not feel I deserved to get it back, being so behind.

But here is even better news: after making over the min payments for 2 months, I get a ding on Experian and it shows a huge score jump (this being this past Friday). I was confused until I checked my credit report to find the notation of account closed removed and that is shows as OPEN.

I did not ask for my card to be reopened, but they did it on their own! I am beyond happy as I pay this down, my UTI will go down and my credit score will rise as it has been these past few weeks. I am a very happy Amazon Prime Store Card member to say the least!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amazon Prime Store Card is the best! Card reopened without asking!

Wow, never heard of them re-opening a closed account they usually make one re-app. Grats Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 3
JamesB95
Regular Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Store Card is the best! Card reopened without asking!

Yes! I was very pleased and surprised.

I was really hoping to get my Navy Federal cashRewards back as that is my favorite card and credit union. No luck, sadly.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.