cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Store Card hit my credit rating - any advice?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Store Card hit my credit rating - any advice?

@Anonymous wrote:

Curiously, TU and EX are still up where they were, but it looks like the derog is BACK on Equifax today, and my score dropped again to 705.

Hoping it will self-resolve... if not, what's the best approach here? I've already filed a dispute with all three agencies so not sure what else I can do.

From what I see, given we are looking for a jumbo mortgage, we really need all three agencies to be >760 for the best rates.

First of all, yay for the removals that are still sticking, but as for Equifax, not sure what to think of that. Can you pull a backdoor up-to-date report directly from them? If not, I'd call tomorrow and ask if it's actually there.

My EQ reports have been being very strange with things disappearing and reappearing over the last couple of weeks.

Message 31 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

First of all, yay for the removals that are still sticking, but as for Equifax, not sure what to think of that. Can you pull a backdoor up-to-date report directly from them? If not, I'd call tomorrow and ask if it's actually there.

My EQ reports have been being very strange with things disappearing and reappearing over the last couple of weeks.

I spoke to EQ and they said the derog hadn't actually been removed. Looks like my score shot up, and then got rebucketed. TU has followed suit today with a 60 point crash.

EQ lost the 2 faxes I sent them and so manually processed my dispute. EQ705 TU720 EX767 as of today.

I also received a letter from Synchrony, confirming that the derog has been removed.

Message 32 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not entirely sure what happened, but 2 months later, the corrections haven't kept and I'm at EQ708/TU726/EX759. Not terrible, but my wife is at EQ745/TU835/EX816 so I'm quite jealous Smiley Happy

I've written to Synchrony again today to ask them to look into it, will report back on their response.

In the meantime, because we have a letter from Synchrony, our mortgage advisor was able to remove the derog manually for his purposes, and we have been preapproved for a loan, which is great. Just need to agree a price on a house.

But it's important to close strong, so continuing to get these corrections made seems like a good idea and no doubt it will help on getting a good rate on loans in the future.

Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.