Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon/Synchrony GW phone call success!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon/Synchrony GW phone call success!

FINALLY! I've been trying to get a GW update to a 60 day late payment delinquency on my Amazon Store Card for the past week. I sent letters out, but out of fear that the letters would not be read, or my GW request simply get declined, I started making daily phone calls to the Amazon Store Card / Synchrony CS line.

Deleting/updating a delinquency on an account appears to be a foreign concept to many of the CSRs. It wasn't until today that I had any success. I explained my situation but the CSR was confused, said she couldn't help, and transferred me to a supervisor. The supervisor was nice but stern about not being able to update the account. She stated that she "cannot in good conscience update this account, given that the information is accurate". I then explained that this was all just an honest mistake, and if she looks at my payment history, she will see that I was able to pay the entire account off in full, not too long after discovering that I was late.

At that point, she notated the account, apparently removed the 60 day late delinquency from the account and stated that the information will be sent to all three CRAs within 30 days and I'd be receiving a confirmation letter by mail in 14 days.

I hope this is legit! The only iffy part was that she said there's only one delinquency on the account. On my credit reports, it shows as two late payment markers, back to back; 30 and 60 day lates. I wonder if one 60 day late delinquency is really just reflected as two deliquencies on the CR? 

This is the ONLY delinquent account I've had since my six year old BK - and it's about 1.5 years old. I'm excited to see what this will do to my score once it's removed.

I hope this information helps anyone else in a similar situation. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
tim1017
Regular Contributor

Re: Amazon/Synchrony GW phone call success!

AWESOME.  I had virtually the EXACT same experience you did last week.  It's already been updated in my profile too so it won't be long I'm sure before you see it on yours.  

04/27 SCORES - EQ 653
EXP 672
TU 653
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tim1017 wrote:

AWESOME.  I had virtually the EXACT same experience you did last week.  It's already been updated in my profile too so it won't be long I'm sure before you see it on yours.  

SWEET!  I'm stoked!

Did you see a significant score increase when your info updated? I'm hoping this will be a significant upgrade to my score! 

Message 3 of 4
tim1017
Regular Contributor

Mine was super recent and went it went 30 days late it dropped 62 pts, and when it updated I got the 62 pts back.  I'd expect for you tgain whatever was lost.

04/27 SCORES - EQ 653
EXP 672
TU 653
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.