cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amcol Systems Inc. being rude & refusing PFD?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amcol Systems Inc. being rude & refusing PFD?

Has anyone else had horrible dealings with Amcol Systems Inc.? They tried to mislead me into believing they couldn't settle the debt for more than 20% less because of the original collectors stipulations. Is this a thing? Isn't it true that once a debt goes to a collection agency the original collector no longer owns it or has any say to it? After trying to claim they were basically collection outfit collecting for the hospital the debt was originally owned by they claimed that they would not do a pay for delete and would only report a paid in full $0 balance. I have never had an issue with requesting pay for delete with anyone but them. They are willing to settle for less but not pay for delete even for full payment it sounds like. I am already worried that our first initial contact was a mistake and that now we are screwed. I have almost always tried to deal with collection agencies through letters but lately haven't had luck getting a response so we decided to try to call this agency in hopes to take care of the debt as quick as possible. The debt is old and not even sure it's completely legitimate so I decided to dispute it because we have no record or knowledge of it's origination. If the dispute comes back and they are in fact able to prove we owe them the total debt how do I go about negotiating with such a nasty company? We need these items deleted or they will continue to show negative on the report. We are working on getting a mortgage in the next year and this is the final thing to resolve. It's a total of 3 accounts with the same collection agency for $1615, we asked to settle for 25% less they agreed to 20% but said they could not pay for delete. What do we do next if the dispute is not resolved in our favor and we still have to deal with these people? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amcol Systems Inc. being rude & refusing PFD?

Yes they are a collection agency but I do not see where they are being "nasty"

honestly you probably owe the debt correct ?

they do not need to settle.   They do not need to delete 

you are only offering them 20% correct.    I would offer more or a complete payment on the amount owed for a delete 

say  "I will pay the full amount if you delete it". And see what they say.   Depends on what your credit is worth

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You misread my post. We have no proof of owing this entire debt and do not believe it's entirely accurate. We offered them 80% of the debt total and requested it to be removed from the bureaus she claimed that they were unable to pay for delete and would only report is as paid in full with a $0 balance. 80% is the max payment we could offer them currently so we were hoping to settle for that and get it removed. We then asked if full payment later would get us a pay for delete and she said again they would not be willing to do a pay for delete but gave no reason and was very rude about it. They have the power to remove information just as easily as they report it why would they give us such a hard time?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry I misread. 

I have been in the situation before.  Just keep in mind by them reporting it as it is they are reporting it accurately 

for them to modify or delete they are not reporting it accurately 

it it is just how it is.  

The more money you have to throw at it the more leverage you have. 

Unless it is a medical debt (they can get complex and confusing) I have never had a debt I did not know of.  

If the debt is not yours I would not pay it and dispute it 

Message 4 of 7
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

An original creditor can outsource the collection without actually selling the debt.  If you want to confirm what the CA is telling you, call the OC and ask them if they still own the debt.

If they own the debt, you can always attempt to have them recall the debt from the CA with an offer to PIF.  This would essentially remove it from your reports because the CA would no longer have collection authority.  If they agree to this, don't pay the debt until they confirm it's been recalled.  They can't recall it after the fact.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a medical account in collections with Amcol. If you are willing to pay entire bill, call the OC and pay it. My collection was a few years old, but, I called the hospital billing. Took a minute before they found it. Had a brief conversation about the debt. Paid it over the phone. Hospital emailed me receipt. Then i disputed with CRA and included copy of receipt showing it was paid to OC. They removed it within 30 days. A couple months later I received letter from Amcol saying they would remove their tradeline from my report. Ha. It had already been removed for over two months.
Message 6 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

CRA offical policy, as set forth in their credit reporting manual and incorporated into their credit reporting agreements, is that debt collectors should not delete their reported collection based on consumer payment of the debt.  

Debt collectors are acting in compliance with their credit reporting agreements by refusing to accept a PFD offer.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.