Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amerassist

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amerassist

Hello thank you for taking the time to read this been having issue with this collection company over debt from dentist office payment plan. Amerassist has since began reporting on my credit so I filed a dispute with the bbb do to never receiving any bills from the dentist office Amerassist responded to the complaint by providing a copy of an address that I have been associated with stating that's where all correspondence from the dentist office and them have been sent I responded by advising them that I have never heard or been associated with the addrsss and demanded deletion from my credit report, they responding by stating they have not purchased the debt but are acting as the creditor collection company. Does any have any advise on how I could proceed to get this deleted. If I were to call the dentist and pay the balance in full would they be able to retract the debt? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amerassist

Here are the steps to use on medical collections that are reporting on your CR.

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if you qualify for Charity Care
2. If not then ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
3. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
4. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.