Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmeriCredit Advice

tag
mystikal1
Established Contributor

AmeriCredit Advice

This account happened in 04 could someone let me know if I should send this out or just leave it alone? Please critique. Thanks.

Dear AmeriCredit,

In 2002 I opened my auto account with you and we had a good relationship until 6/2004 when I traded in my vehicle for a new one. At that time I was told that the monies would be dispersed in time so that I would not incur any late or negative impact on credit. Unfortunately it didn’t happen that way as it seems by my recent look at my credit report shows a 30 days past due, had I know this was going to happen I would have made the payment and not relied on them.

Right now I am trying to purchase a house and I am having some difficulties and one of them is due to the late on my account with you.

I am kindly hoping due to the date and the circumstance involved you would consider updating my credit reports to show paid as agreed instead of 30 days late as a gesture of goodwill. This kind act would be sincerely appreciated and also an invaluable gift to my family and I. Thank you very much in this matter and I hope to hear from you soon.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AmeriCredit Advice

The late isn't impacting your FICO score anymore.

I also am dealing with AmeriCredit, but with multiple lates. If you decide to GW and are successful, post back and let us know how it went! I've been GWing them over and over and over and over with no luck. They are my last baddie.
Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

The late isn't impacting your FICO score anymore.

I also am dealing with AmeriCredit, but with multiple lates. If you decide to GW and are successful, post back and let us know how it went! I've been GWing them over and over and over and over with no luck. They are my last baddie.
Message 2 of 4
mystikal1
Established Contributor

Thanks. What do I have to lose except a couple of stamps. Are you saying derogs over 5 years have little to no impact?
Message Edited by mystikal1 on 04-29-2009 11:43 AM
Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

mystikal1 wrote:
Thanks. What do I have to lose except a couple of stamps. Are you saying derogs over 5 years have little to no impact?
Message Edited by mystikal1 on 04-29-2009 11:43 AM

Actually after 2 yrs, the damaging effect of a 30 or 60 day diminishes to nil. However, 90 days and worse continue to impact the score through 7 yrs.

I'd say go for it if it means having a cleaner looking report.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.