Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Accounts management no longer in business

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Accounts management no longer in business

Just a quick note to everyone that American Accounts Management has been absorbed by Carmel financial. I found this out after dealing directly with Carmel on an old bill from my ex-spouse. I had a TL still showing on TransUnion, so I called the 1-800 number listed for American Accounts Management, and spoke with a CSR and explained that the TL was still showing after 60 days on my credit report. He explained that Carmel had absorbed the business and that not all trade lines had been taken off of reports.

So if you still show this as a baddie on your report, their advice was to dispute it with the credit report, and it would not be able to be verified, and be taken off.

I was not happy with the thought of I had to do the legwork, but needed to get my most recent TU report anyhow for some disputes... $8151.00 collection being taken off was a good trade for me for $11.50

Camel

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.