Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Delta Approval - Finally

tag
mlearma
New Contributor

American Express Delta Approval - Finally

It's been a journey....5 years....countless hours and an overall improvement in my score from 520 to the mid-700's.

Had it not been for a nasty divorce, my situation would have never gotten out of hand.  For all of you working hard to repair those blemishes....don't give up!  I never did!  I closed on a brand new house in March at a 3.5% rate, have a new vehicle at 0% and today finally got an approval for the American Express Delta Card.  I've been wanting that for years since I travel weekly on Delta for work!  $5500 limit! 

I used myfico.com quarterly monitoring and score watch.  In addition I pulled every non-traditional credit report I could find (teletrack, chexsystem, innovis, etc) and made sure those were clean.  This website gave me all the information and helpful hints to get where I am today! 

It's definitely a great day in our house!  Best of luck everyone!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: American Express Delta Approval - Finally

Congrats on the rebuilding success !! That's great news ! Don't forget that you can request 3X CLI in 60 days ~ hopefully they'll bump you up to 15K !
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 8
kese
New Contributor

Congratulations. I am aiming for that but have a long way to. Can you tell us if there are any badies in your reports now?

Starting Score: 598
Current Score: Trans union fico 713 (myfico 11/1/2012), EQ fico 671, exp 666 by AMEX
Goal Score: 720 across

In my wallet: GE/walmart at $10500, 2 capital ones at $750 each, Elan financial at $400, Amex BCP-$1000, AMEX Gold Delta at $2500, Discover more at $6,000 and Chase freedom at $3000

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 8
mlearma
New Contributor

I have two baddies left on my report.  Both are set to fall of in December.  One was a 90 day late on a first premier card which has been paid in full and closed in 2009. And the other was a judgement which is paid and set to fall off in December 2012.  Both were related to my divorce.  However, my scores are high because I have all the correct trade lines and keep my utilization under 15%. 

I'm hoping when those two fall off I can get in the upper 700's to low 800.

Message 4 of 8
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Congrats, for sure!

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 5 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Did the Delta card come with any sign~up bonus SkyMiles or MQMs ?

Message 6 of 8
mlearma
New Contributor

Yes, it came with 30,000 miles, however they are not MQM's.  You need the platinum to get the MQM's which I am not ready for.

What I like is because I am already platinum, those who carry the card in the same tier, get upgrades before the others.  So if two platinum members are on the upgrade list, the one with the AMEX card gets priority.  I fly 100-130 segments a year and this is handy for me. 

Message 7 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Very nice ! I wasn't aware that the Delta AMEX would give you a bump in the upgrade list like that ~ does this apply only if you have purchased your ticket on the card ?
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.