Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Optima Oasis

tag
brumijb
Established Member

American Express Optima Oasis

If anyone is interested I wanted to share my recent story about the American Express Optima Oaisis program:

I defaulted on all of my credit cards in December of 2011 (due to some legal issues, yada yada yada, insert obligatory reason) with balances totaling nearly 30k.  I received the Oasis program offer several times but was not in a position to pay the balance in full ($5,691).  My financial situation turned around recently where my income has vastly increased and I had the ability to pay off the debt - however, I hadn't received the offer for the last year.

I called the Oasis backdoor number provided in other posts and ensured I was still eligible for the offer (foreign call center for sure).  He read off a very long terms of agreement including a credit line of $1,600.  I agreed and provided my account number to debit the funds - full balance.  The funds were debited from my account a couple of days later.

Call to AMEX Oasis (First Source Advantage for me) - 5/11

Funds debited from my account - 5/14

Received letter in the mail confirming details - 5/19

Received pre-approved application in the mail - 6/9

Confirmed application received by AMEX (online application status site) - 6/11

Status changed from "in progress" to "approved" - today 6/19

Hope this helps someone who my be in a similar situation.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: American Express Optima Oasis

Thanks for posting the info Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!  This is exactly what I was wondering since I got this offer a year and some months ago and was also wondering if I could still take advantage of it (in a couple months).

If you don't mind, can you let us know whether the card was back-dated to your original card date?

Message 3 of 9
brumijb
Established Member

The trade line backdated to 2006 on my credit report.  The new card had a member since date of 2014; I called and they were happy to send me a new card with a member since date of 2006.  I am going to mail them a gw letter soon since the old trade line still shows up on my credit report also as a paid charge off.

Message 4 of 9
cirrus00
New Contributor

I wonder if they would do this from a charge off from 1997. Yes 1997...lol. I had just turned 18 & they gave me an Optima card with a $1200 limit. I didn't know anything about finances and credit...i charged it to the max and never paid the bill. They never sued and it eventually fell off my report. But...i would like the chance to get in their good graces!
Message 5 of 9
brumijb
Established Member

have you tried a regular app to see if you are on their blacklist?  that would be the best way to go if possible.  if you are you can call one of the oasis numbers to get your membership back...it is a relatively small amount so hopefully you could do it.  i hear that once you have the card for a year you probably have to close it and then app for another card (you can't app when you have the optima).

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It didn't even occur to me that a gw might also be possible with AMEX after so many years.  OTOH it will come off in late 2015 for me anyway so maybe that would be a factor in my favor. I figure with the back-date in a couple years I can look back and pretend this never happened (not really, but it's a nice fantasy).

Message 7 of 9
slund5499
Established Contributor

I had an AMEX green in 1985. I was stupid and didn't pay the account off every month. The accont was closed.

In 2014, I contacted AMEX security and fraud division and was able to convince them to write off the account as fraudulent. In doing so, the balance at the time was $2600.00. Intrest after 27 years while on their preferbial blacklist.

I recently applied for AMEX card and was denied due to thin credit file, but was able to confirm that i was no longer blacklisted.

I would like to get the charge card to re-establish my credit.

Would you message me the backdoor number to the oasis program and any other backdoor numbers to the credit assessment department at AMEX.

Thanks

In the garden since 02/1/23. Newest Account AU Discover It 10K
02/23 Scores; EQ 608 TU 642 EX 575 CCU: 20%, Inq. 2, 1, 2 Collections $39K
Lending Club: newest account 2/3/23. Old Fico 1/17 EQ 530 TU 542 EX 512

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oasis: 1-888-232-3261

I haven't tried calling the Oasis number directly, but I had it on a list.

I'm not sure if you'll qualify, though. Since it sounds like basically you convinced them you never owed the money to begin with. AFAIK this program is mainly a carrot for people who PIF old delinquent balances. Maybe there are other ways in, though.

I personally decided not to apply for the Oasis (which is good because I never got the application they said they were sending when I paid).  The reason is with my scores in the mid-high 600s now I can (hopefully) qualify for a regular AMEX. Rumor is while you have the Oasis you can't get other Amex products.  I think I'll be in a better situation if I wait 3-6 months to get my first one and have 2+ Amex a year from now.  Like you I am going to try with a charge first because it's supposed to be easier.

Good luck!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.