cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express client for over 25+ years...

tag
2012Repair
Established Member

American Express client for over 25+ years...

Recently, I became unemployed and as I've been very keen on maintaining my credit standing, I proactively reached out to Amex with the largest balance on record (mind you, I ALWAYS pay all credit cards in full every month).  I worked with a customer service representatitve from Amex and enrolled in a payment plan with the assurance the reporting message into the credit bureaus would be:  paying according to plan.  Today, I login to myFICO to see all three bureaus have dropped my score between 20 and 50 pts and the entry is due to Amex stating I am 30s overdue (but i have now paid 3x according to plan and on time according to plan).  What a kick in the gut.  How does one recover from this?  I've never been so angry.  Any thoughts / strategies to combat this would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
2012Repair
Established Member

Re: American Express client for over 25+ years...

Apologies for the double posting.  I could not find my original post and thought something ran amok.  So, I posted a second time.  Not entirely familiary with posting in general. Thank you.

Message 2 of 5
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@2012Repair wrote:

Apologies for the double posting.  I could not find my original post and thought something ran amok.  So, I posted a second time.  Not entirely familiary with posting in general. Thank you.

No problem... your messages got caught in the spam filter which is why there was a delay in them showing up.  Now that we have that all sorted, hopefully someone will be able to help out with the matter at hand.  Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

2012Repair - I would draft a Goodwill letter to Amex's executive offices explaining the situation. They are usually very good on honoring any deals/offers to their loyal customers.
Message 4 of 5
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@2012Repair wrote:

Recently, I became unemployed and as I've been very keen on maintaining my credit standing, I proactively reached out to Amex with the largest balance on record (mind you, I ALWAYS pay all credit cards in full every month).  I worked with a customer service representatitve from Amex and enrolled in a payment plan with the assurance the reporting message into the credit bureaus would be:  paying according to plan.  Today, I login to myFICO to see all three bureaus have dropped my score between 20 and 50 pts and the entry is due to Amex stating I am 30s overdue (but i have now paid 3x according to plan and on time according to plan).  What a kick in the gut.  How does one recover from this?  I've never been so angry.  Any thoughts / strategies to combat this would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

AMEX records all calls.  If you have the date/time/CSR name, rather than writing the EO, I would CALL the EO, have them pull this phone call recording, and tell them that you expect them to honour this agreement with a customer of 25 years. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.